Eagles Acquire Jay Ajayi (for a 4th round pick)

WeaponX

6 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Maxwell was a throw in by Philly cause they wanted to be rid of his deal, similar to Osweiler. I'm pretty satisfied with the trade from Kiko alone honestly. I dread to think how woeful our LB corp would be otherwise.

The Texans gave the Browns a 2nd round pick to take on that terrible contract. The Dolphins took on Maxwell's contract but instead of getting a pick back, they traded down 5 spots in the 1st round. Is Kiko worth trading down 5 spots in the 1st round of the draft? 

33 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

And the Dolphins would do it again in a heartbeat as well. Kiko + Tunsil + Maxwell (10th rated corner in 2016 per PFF and played very well for Miami during their playoff push) was absolutely worth the 13th overall pick.

What is Byron Maxwell doing now? And I guess having Tunsil instead of All-Pro Jack Conklin is a great consolation prize. 

2 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

The Texans gave the Browns a 2nd round pick to take on that terrible contract. The Dolphins took on Maxwell's contract but instead of getting a pick back, they traded down 5 spots in the 1st round. Is Kiko worth trading down 5 spots in the 1st round of the draft? 

Considering Tunsil was their second-rated player whom they likely would've taken at #8 but were able to get him at #13 anyway? Yes.

Just now, Tony7188 said:

What is Byron Maxwell doing now? And I guess having Tunsil instead of All-Pro Jack Conklin is a great consolation prize. 

You're really trying to push this narrative. 100% of Dolphins fans do this trade again. 100% of Eagles fans as well. Why not call it what it is, a good trade for both sides.

8 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Considering Tunsil was their second-rated player whom they likely would've taken at #8 but were able to get him at #13 anyway? Yes.

Got it. I didn't know Miami liked Tunsil that much over (future All Pro) Jack Conklin and Kiko was that valuable. That's just absurd in my eyes but okay.

A 4th for Ajayi can't be looked at as a good trade imo. How has Tunsil looked?

I'm fine with getting rid of Ajayi, but I would have liked more than a 4th. If they couldn't get more than a 4th rounder because of his knees or attitude than I understand. 

The signs were there. Gase clearly was not happy with Ajayi if you read his comments after the Baltimore game. He doesn't block consistently and he doesn't run north to south consistently. He doesn't follow the play and bounces off blockers, which costs him yards. He's always trying to hit the home run instead of getting 4-5 yards. He's fought with the coaches in the past. Gase was serious when he said people would be removed from the team if they don't do their job. Plus his knees may not last long term. 

On paper, it looks like Miami got fleeced, but it also could work out for Miami in the long run since they got rid of a potentially overrated RB with bad knees. So I'm not happy, but I'm not upset either. I seem to be in the minority though. The rest of the fanbase is ready to burn down Dolphins HQ. 

I liked the trade for Maxwell and Alonso. Miami got 3 starters out of 1 trade (they drafted Tunsil). Maxwell did play better last year after getting benched, but he was mostly trash. But the Dolphins gave him a shot. Getting Tunsil and Alonso still made it good. And it helped the Eagles get Wentz. It worked out for both teams. 

30 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

You should really look at the circumstances of why he was available at #13. They had no way of knowing that would happen before hand. So don't act as if it was a stroke of genius. 

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You should really look at the circumstances of why he was available at #13. They had no way of knowing that would happen before hand. So don't act as if it was a stroke of genius. 

I'm aware of the circumstances. It doesn't change the bottom line details of the trade and whether it worked in their favor.

2 hours ago, ianlewis16 said:

Hasn't he got basically no knees? I remember at Boise State someone saying he's basically one injury away from being done, which is why he dropped in the draft. 

exactly great move for a team that didn't think they'd be THIS GOOD

its worth the risk 

I'm surprised Miami couldn't have gotten more though but I am a believe in Damian Williams and Drake 

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He's obviously talking with hindsight.

Having said that, it was a deep 1st round. We probably had several guys similarly ranked and figured one would be available at 13 so picking up Alonso made sense. I thought in at the time it was an okay trade and ended up working out better than I expected.

This one not so much, but the stuff coming out now seemed like Gase really wanted nothing to do with him anymore. It's essentially an 8-game rental as his contract expires at the end of the season... after thinking about it, I'm not as upset as I was before. Still pretty clearly the value is with the Eagles on this one, no denying that.

Archived