The Week 12 Thread: The One Where We Serve Seachickens Instead of Turkey on Monday Night (Seattle vs WFT)

MikeT14

The injury that I hope is minor is JD McKissic. He had been the constant positive for our offense. 

Both Logan Thomas and Curtis Samuel looked good yesterday. Hopefully they can be regular contributors going forward, especially if McKissic has to miss any time. 

Signing a Center and Kicker have to be our top priority though. 

TB has a kicker from the U on their practice squad, that I think @Jeezy Fanatic would be pretty stoked if we signed. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, offbyone said:

You have to question the personnel, why is that guy part of the hands unit.  

I think you have to question the coach. Why is Jordan K not prepared. The first one it did take a big hop and bounced over him, the second one it looked like he didn’t want to have anything to do with recovering the kick, probably bc of what happened with the first botched attempt at recovering the on sides kick. Either way, Jordan has to be better which leads to better coaching.

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

The injury that I hope is minor is JD McKissic. He had been the constant positive for our offense. 

Both Logan Thomas and Curtis Samuel looked good yesterday. Hopefully they can be regular contributors going forward, especially if McKissic has to miss any time. 

Signing a Center and Kicker have to be our top priority though. 

TB has a kicker from the U on their practice squad, that I think @Jeezy Fanatic would be pretty stoked if we signed. 

I think McKissic’s injury was a concussion. If it is, it’s TBD how long he’ll be out. It could be a week or it could be several weeks.

The kicker you’re thinking of is Mr. Bojangles! 😂 Jk, I just think that’s his name every time I see it written.

His name is Jose Borregales.

For me though, I’d rather sign a veteran. I’d like to have a kicker at this point in the season who we know has kicked in the league and can be relied upon to at least make it from 45 & in. I don’t want to see an experiment like Blewitt again. You sign a kicker like Blewitt for the off-season, not mid season.

49 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Forbath !

my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Forbath! Mr. Automatic from 45 & in. Don’t ask him to kick a 50-55 yarder, but 45 & in, he’s money! Tress Way can kick off like he used to or, since they moved the like where they kick off from since Forbath was last here 8 years ago, kickoffs nah not be an issue for him anymore.

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think McKissic’s injury was a concussion. If it is, it’s TBD how long he’ll be out. It could be a week or it could be several weeks.

The kicker you’re thinking of is Mr. Bojangles! 😂 Jk, I just think that’s his name every time I see it written.

His name is Jose Borregales.

For me though, I’d rather sign a veteran. I’d like to have a kicker at this point in the season who we know has kicked in the league and can be relied upon to at least make it from 45 & in. I don’t want to see an experiment like Blewitt again. You sign a kicker like Blewitt for the off-season, not mid season.

Heard this morning it's a neck injury and he did pass concussion protocols.

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Heard this morning it's a neck injury and he did pass concussion protocols.

Ahh ok. Damn, then why the hell did they sit him up? I was watching the game with my parents, my mom is a retired nurse and she screamed out, why are they sitting him up! 😩 

I watched the game as I was working last night so I couldn't post. But a few thoughts to share.

Scherff is pissing me off with the ill-timed penalties (like the fake punt)

Heinecke looked good. Whatever they stopped trying to put in his head before the Bye seems to be working.

Gibson is up and down for me. But I do not think he's a short yardage back. I DO think we should use him to receive more though.

McLaurin was great last night.

Special Teams? No so special. Especially with the kicker out.

Know what I've loved these last 3 games? That the defense has come on and played well. And that in the 4th quarter, we've basically taken control on offense with a time consuming drive that has ended in points and basically prevented the other team from beating us. If Logan hangs onto that ball or if we had a kicker to get us that extra 3 points, that last drive of ours caps the game off. That's what winning teams do. They take the ball and drive it through the other team and basically eliminate them from the game as time expires. This is not just on coaching, but I think the players have taken the poor start personally and rededicated themselves to playing better ball. Dunno. Just speculating here.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Ahh ok. Damn, then why the hell did they sit him up? I was watching the game with my parents, my mom is a retired nurse and she screamed out, why are they sitting him up! 😩 

Dunno on that. Probably just a stinger. But yeah, if it's a neck injury you keep him horizontal and immobilize the head and neck

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Dunno on that. Probably just a stinger. But yeah, if it's a neck injury you keep him horizontal and immobilize the head and neck

Did anyone else see people tapping him on the helmet when he was being carted off? 

I screamed at my tv. You dont touch someone who just sustained a head injury anywhere in the head/neck area. 

9 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I still think that's a catch. It never left his posession. They essentially knocked him for not having an open hand on the ball instead a closed hand. Come on man!

So rare they reverse a call on the field . It has to be clearly a wrong call and it surely wasn't clear that he didn't catch it . Bad bad call. Only us .

• Like 2

I also want to give several criticized members of our defense some credit. 

Landon Collins is a difference maker at that box safety/linebacker position. He plays 100x better up at the LOS.

Kendall Fuller and William Jackson had great games. I know we all bash the signing of WJ3, but he was great in coverage and run support. Kendall has really turned his game up since the bye as well. The key stat to pay attention to is 1 catch for 14 yards. That is what our outside CBs held Seattles best receiver too. If it wasn't for Bobby McCains mistakes in the secondary, we are talking about one of our best defensive performances in recent memory. 

Jamin Davis played well when called upon. He showed his speed and ability to make plays. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I still think that's a catch. It never left his posession. They essentially knocked him for not having an open hand on the ball instead a closed hand. Come on man!

Definitely a catch. At worst they should’ve said the call stands bc there’s no refutable evidence to overturn the TD. They ruled it a TD on the field, the TD should’ve stood.