The Week 12 Thread: The One Where We Serve Seachickens Instead of Turkey on Monday Night (Seattle vs WFT)

MikeT14

29 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I also want to give several criticized members of our defense some credit. 

Landon Collins is a difference maker at that box safety/linebacker position. He plays 100x better up at the LOS.

Kendall Fuller and William Jackson had great games. I know we all bash the signing of WJ3, but he was great in coverage and run support. Kendall has really turned his game up since the bye as well. The key stat to pay attention to is 1 catch for 14 yards. That is what our outside CBs held Seattles best receiver too. If it wasn't for Bobby McCains mistakes in the secondary, we are talking about one of our best defensive performances in recent memory. 

Jamin Davis played well when called upon. He showed his speed and ability to make plays. 

Landon Collins at WLB seems to be working, just imagine if he had been practicing that role since I don’t know… maybe like some slick reptile 🐢 in the forum had suggest back in Jan/February, just imagine how much better our D would’ve been to start the season! 😂 😉 

100% agree that Fuller & WJ3 have turned a corner and played well. Also, Danny Johnson has played well in the slot. Keeping Fuller outside all game is definitely better than moving him from outside to inside.

I’ve been over the Bobby McCain experiment since the Falcons game!

I get Rivera likes him because he’s really smart and cerebral but you know who else is?

Jeremy Reaves who played well for us last November & December and I don’t think should've lost his job! I will forever believe that if Reaves was our starting Fs all year that we’d have less blown deep coverages and thus, our secondary would’ve been better even in Sept & October.

Also, Reaves had chemistry w/ Fuller & Curl so they would’ve been better just off that alone. As we all know continuity often times means more to having a good defense than just talent and Rivera/JDR have screwed the pooch by not giving Reaves the starting job this entire year IMO.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Can you believe we're on our 4th Center ( he seemed to hold his own -fighter ! ) and our 4th kicker  .

It’s crazy to think that we’re on our 4th center and it hasn’t been a glaring weakness and wasn’t last night.

I think Keith Ismael proved he can play in this league. He may never be anything more than a serviceable center, but I think he proved that we don’t need to draft a center in the draft as some thought we’d need to.

The kicker thing is crazy. I hope we bring in a vet who’s at least serviceable. I feel bad for Joey Slye - who we should’ve had all off-season to give Hopkins true competition - I hope Slye is back in a few weeks and I hope that even if he isn’t that he gets re-signed to compete for the job  next off-season to win the job back.

56 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Hard to kick over guys when the line was swiss cheese on the play and the defenders are in your face. 

On Monday night that was definitely the case, I don’t blame Joey Sly for that extra point being blocked at all. I was referring to Blewitt.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

Has anyone seen any updates on Montez? I know he's able to come back this week but has anyone see whether he is going to play or not? 

Nope but he was projected to miss 4-6 weeks and placed on I R Nov 13th . so not very likely he'll play I'd think .

57 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

Has anyone seen any updates on Montez? I know he's able to come back this week but has anyone see whether he is going to play or not? 

Our brilliant GM waited almost 2 weeks before putting him on IR so...But no reason why isn't fit and ready to go the second he is eligible.  I would think he could wear some kind of face mask to protect.

10 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Our brilliant GM waited almost 2 weeks before putting him on IR so...But no reason why isn't fit and ready to go the second he is eligible.  I would think he could wear some kind of face mask to protect.

Yeah, I remember a face mask a player used back in the day and Chris Canty used it as well that protected his face better, maybe Sweat will wear that.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/LQ3EN5SOCqQcEjP7aAGkk8z9cI8=/0x100:2500x1767/1400x933/filters:focal(0x100:2500x1767):no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/38234848/175810608.0.jpg