Panthers WR Kelvin Benjamin traded to Buffalo

Dr LBC

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Do you really think the Panthers, at 5-3 and in the thick of the playoff race, would trade someone that they thought would hurt them to the extent you are describing?  That alone should be a sign that Benjamin isn't the caliber of player you all seem to think he is. 

This reminds me (to a lesser extent) the reactions when we traded Ealy. Everyone swore we lost the trade and that Ealy had some untapped potential. As it turns out, we have a top five pass rush in the NFL and the Patriots don't even have Ealy anymore. 

I'm not looking to spin anything. Benjamin just isn't that good. He has a lot of potential as a #2 possession receiver on the outside, but the Bills will quickly see his flaws if they are asking him to be a consistent #1. And teams find #2s in the 3rd round pretty frequently lately. Alas, he's not worth more than a 3rd. He will flash but he lacks the speed, agility, burst, and route running to be a top guy. If the Bills are OK with that, they will like him. But if he plays like he did last year, then there will be problems. He had issues running the correct routes with us in his 3rd year.

The Bills don’t utilize receivers like most teams do, we are a complete run first team that runs short intermediate routes based on possession so if that’s Benji’s strength then that’s a perfect fit. Especially having a big target in the red zone. Andre Holmes has 3tds already as a big target, Benji should now see that work.

I'm curious. Hurney says getting rid of Benjamin will be mean the Panthers will have more speed at WR. Have I missed something, but couldn't you just play speed receivers if that's what you want? How does getting rid of a player and not signing anyone help? Did he actually think this trade through in the slightest?

Benjamin occupies the top CB most weeks. It'll make a difference for Funchess to start having that assignment for Carolina. Also Benjamin was traded to some guys that know him extremely well already, so an assessment that he's tough to coach is not something I agree with. 

On 11/1/2017 at 12:32 AM, Zithers2 said:

Devin Funchess
Russell Shepard
Curtis Samuel
Kaelin Clay

Panthers' current WRs lmao we're doomed. Maybe we can promote, uh, Mose Frazier from the practice squad...

Then at TE we have Ed Dickson and Chris Manhertz... and we have a game against Atalnta this week.

Newton throwing 40 times a game is not a winning strategy anyway. Panthers should draft a real runningback like Chubb out of Georgia and run the ball. Cam should run a similar offense to what Houston does with Deshaun Watson. Freeze the defense with play action, runs and give Cam a run/pass option. Draft a speedster like Will Fuller and stretch the field.

Archived