The Ftont office or the coaches?

hornbybrown

23 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Let's not forget the front office and ownership has repeatedly stated, starting on the day he was hired, that Hue was brought here for his ability to identify, evaluate and develop QBs.

That works both ways. I'm totally in favour of keeping the front office over Hue but didn't Moneyball say Wentz wasn't a top 20 QB? I don't know who made the decision to let McCown go. Who picked Kizer? Did Hue identify Kizer, Kessler and Hogan or were they the hand that management dealt him? I know Hue said "trust me" on Kessler but nothing else indicates Kessler is a Hue type of QB and Hue loosely says "trust me" on something foolish every week. 

All that to say, I think it's fair to criticize Hue as an inept coach and I'm totally fine if they show him the door because of his game calling but I'm not sure he's been given a fair shot to "identify" his QB.

EDIT:  And yes RG3 was a total whiff by Hue but I don't think he was ever seen as the QB of the future...he was basically a reclamation project.

4 minutes ago, dawgattack said:

That works both ways. I'm totally in favour of keeping the front office over Hue but didn't Moneyball say Wentz wasn't a top 20 QB? I don't know who made the decision to let McCown go. Who picked Kizer? Did Hue identify Kizer, Kessler and Hogan or were they the hand that management dealt him? I know Hue said "trust me" on Kessler but nothing else indicates Kessler is a Hue type of QB and Hue loosely says "trust me" on something foolish every week. 

All that to say, I think it's fair to criticize Hue as an inept coach and I'm totally fine if they show him the door because of his game calling but I'm not sure he's been given a fair shot to "identify" his QB.

Yeah I have a hard time believing Hue Jackson wanted his QB room being Brock, Kessler, Hogan, and Kizer to start the season but we'll never truly know.

27 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Let's not forget the front office and ownership has repeatedly stated, starting on the day he was hired, that Hue was brought here for his ability to identify, evaluate and develop QBs.

In Hue's defense

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=mythbusters+gets+a+turd+to+shine&view=detail&mid=C6357CDFE848A61B4FB6C6357CDFE848A61B4FB6&FORM=VIRE

2 hours ago, dawgattack said:

EDIT:  And yes RG3 was a total whiff by Hue but I don't think he was ever seen as the QB of the future...he was basically a reclamation project.

So you think the Chief Strategy Officer had a bad grade on him so we passed?

Don't be so obtuse.

Here's the full quote:

"We have to make judgments on the individual players and we're not always going to be right. But in this particular case, we just didn't feel it was necessarily the right bet to make for us at this time. Again, it comes down to individual evaluation of a player. We will not always be right on those type of things.

"I think the hardest part, and where we have to stay the most disciplined, as much as you want a player, you can't invent him if he doesn't exist. In a given year, there may be two or three NFL-ready quarterbacks at the college level. In another year, there literally may be zero. There just may be not be anybody in that year who's good enough to be a top 20 quarterback in the NFL.

"Even though you have a desperate need for one, you have to resist the temptation of taking that guy just because you have a need if you don't believe he's one of those 20 guys at the end of the day. I think that's the hardest part, just maintaining your discipline because you have the need. That's what we did this year."

Was it Paul DePodesta having Pep Hamilton dunking footballs in a bucket of water at Wentz's pro day? Was it Paul DePodesta who said "The earth moved beneath my feet" after RG3's workout?

The fact that we signed RG3 immediately after the Wentz pro day should tell you all you need to know about who is calling the shots at QB, if you choose not to believe the owner or GM who have been adamant about it being Hue's job to pick his QB.

I am merely looking at all the evidence, reading beyond the sensational headlines, and seeing the simple truth. Hue sold himself as the guy who could solve the QB dilemna, as an offensive mastermind, and has failed in all regards. He is a fraud and a liar, and the worst coach in the history of the Browns. 

Im starting to get on board with making Peyton a part of the org. Who could better sit down with the draftable qbs and talk football, routes, throws, coverages, and preperation to decide who the best qb prospect to draft is?? You aint BSing Peyton, not at that position. Heck, if im him, I pimp myself out every draft season to the highest bidder to do that exact job. Just that and nothing else. Make a bundle.

Archived