Week 14 2021 - GDT - Saints (5-7) @ Jets (3-9)

Mid Iowa

So do we get off the loser train this week, or do we pull a Saints and make the crappy Jets look like a Superbowl contender?

The good news:
We get some key contributors back - Alvin Kamara, CJ Gardner-Johnson, Terron Armstead, just to name a few.

The bad news: 
Cam Jordan is out with Covid (as is Mark Ingram). Sounds like a positive test with little/no symptoms, so hopefully he's back next week, and gets some needed rest.

The interesting news:
It sounds as though Payton is moving on from Trevor Siemian, and has Ian Book as the #2 QB this week. So if T. Hill goes down or out, we'll be seeing our new Rookie, Ian Book at QB. I'm actually looking forward to seeing him play (although I don't want Hill to get hurt, so don't take my comment that way).

It will be tough to get back to .500+ with our remaining schedule, and 3 of the next 5 are against our division.

Remaining:
@ Jets (today)
@ Buccs (you never know what we'll do against these guys)
Dolphins (one of the hottest teams in the league right now winning their last 5 games)
Panthers (they're hurting, and are depleted, like we are)
@ Falcons (we could win or lose this one 42-3...)

Edited by Mid Iowa
  • Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 9:01 AM, Mid Iowa said:

The interesting news:
It sounds as though Payton is moving on from Trevor Siemian, and has Ian Book as the #2 QB this week. So if T. Hill goes down or out, we'll be seeing our new Rookie, Ian Book at QB. I'm actually looking forward to seeing him play (although I don't want Hill to get hurt, so don't take my comment that way).

I hope this speaks to us trending towards a more run heavy offense this season like we saw this week.

Taysom can throw the ball to receivers who are mostly open. He doesn’t make plays through the air, that happens on the ground. I would imagine they’re going to want Book in a similar offense if Taysom were to go down (or for some utilities like if Taysom was wanted at H-Back or slot for some packages).

Ingram, Kamara, Deonte with Book and Taysom making some trickery could be an awesome final week.

Book in pistol, Taysom and Kamara split behind him (Kamara option 1 dive), Harris in motion left to right at the snap. If Kamara doesn’t get the dive, Book can shovel to Harris or run an speed option to the opposite side with Taysom. Running this once or twice would open up some nasty PA by the third quarter. 🤤 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 2

While I do think Hill gives us the best shot to win with our current available QB's...Let's tone it down a bit with the Taysom hype lol. We played the Jets this past week. Saying only Lamar Jackson rivals him in running ability is a slap in the face to Lamar. He is undoubtedly much better as a runner than Hill could ever dream of and likely the GOAT when it comes to running ability with QB's (only Vick rivals him). I'd also easily take Kyler Murray as a runner over Taysom as well. I'd even consider Fields and Hurts over him as well purely as a runner (Lance possibly too if he was able to play this year).

22 hours ago, tyler735 said:

While I do think Hill gives us the best shot to win with our current available QB's...Let's tone it down a bit with the Taysom hype lol. We played the Jets this past week. Saying only Lamar Jackson rivals him in running ability is a slap in the face to Lamar. He is undoubtedly much better as a runner than Hill could ever dream of and likely the GOAT when it comes to running ability with QB's (only Vick rivals him). I'd also easily take Kyler Murray as a runner over Taysom as well. I'd even consider Fields and Hurts over him as well purely as a runner (Lance possibly too if he was able to play this year).

I meant it in a way that Lamar is the only QB who is a better runner. Poor phrasing on my end. Fields and Hurts aren’t as good as Taysom when it comes to running. Kyler maybe but he rarely runs the ball. 

10 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Kyler maybe but he rarely runs the ball. 

Last year Murray rushed for over 800 yards and had 11 TDs, so it's not like we don't see what he's capable of as a rusher. That's like Kamara rushing numbers. 

I like Taysom but comparing him to Jackson, at any level, is just as bad as Payton calling him the next Steve Young. 

He's a rich man's Tim Tebow, not a poor man's Lamar Jackson.

Edited by Dome