Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
zappa13004

Mid Season Mock 3 Rounds

Recommended Posts

Rather have Arden Key over Derwin James. Justin Evans may not ever be the player James is but I feel like both guys are FS. Bucs are last in sacks and Key has the tools to play in a 4-3. We cannot put the DL on the back burner again in the first round. I'd go Key and Sweat back to back. That's how bad the DE depth is and with Noah Spence coming off his second shoulder in two years we don't know if he'll ever pan out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

Yes, forgot bout that ! thanks..

You changed it to the Colts.  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Cleveland: Take Rosen instead of Darnold and Sutton instead of the OT. Sutton is way better of a WR that Tate in the second AND we could still make a small trade up with Philly and take their tackle at #32. For the rest I like seeing the RB, CB, etc combo. We really need to focus on QB, WR, CB, OT, S, BPA this draft. Remember the browns have 7 picks in the mid rounds we can use as trade fodder as well. So moving up a few spots is not totally out of the question. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2017 at 7:07 AM, zappa13004 said:

2- 49ers: Saquon Barkley RB Penn St
57- 49ers via Saints : Josh Allen OLB Kentucky
66- 49ers : Simmie Cobbs WR Indiana
72- 49ers via Bears : Will Clapp G/C LSU

Would prefer something like this:

1. Saquon Barkley RB Penn St
2. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo OLB Oklahoma
3. Dante Pettis WR Washington
3. Mason Cole C Michigan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Crickett said:

You changed it to the Colts.  :P

Of course, when im wrong i change. Whats the problem ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

For Cleveland: Take Rosen instead of Darnold and Sutton instead of the OT. Sutton is way better of a WR that Tate in the second AND we could still make a small trade up with Philly and take their tackle at #32. For the rest I like seeing the RB, CB, etc combo. We really need to focus on QB, WR, CB, OT, S, BPA this draft. Remember the browns have 7 picks in the mid rounds we can use as trade fodder as well. So moving up a few spots is not totally out of the question. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

With games i watched, for now, i'll never take Rosen over Darnold. Your opinion isn't mine it seems..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zappa13004 said:

Of course, when im wrong i change. Whats the problem ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it, but the Titans can't afford to pass up Carlton Davis in the second round. We need another corner. Specifically a taller more physical Corner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zantku said:

I like it, but the Titans can't afford to pass up Carlton Davis in the second round. We need another corner. Specifically a taller more physical Corner. 

I agree. You could use another outside CB. I thought Booker would help as Williamson will be FA and Woodyard is aging but both are good players. Do you think Jayon Brown can be that young guy ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

I agree. You could use another outside CB. I thought Booker would help as Williamson will be FA and Woodyard is aging but both are good players. Do you think Jayon Brown can be that young guy ?

He has shown he can be a three down Linebacker. However I would still get another Linebacker. Just to go with him in the future. He is undoubtedly the disciple of Woodyard, but we just need another full package backer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Zantku said:

He has shown he can be a three down Linebacker. However I would still get another Linebacker. Just to go with him in the future. He is undoubtedly the disciple of Woodyard, but we just need another full package backer. 

So my pick wasn't bad with Booker :) But im okay with a CB too, Jackson is good but his speed can be useful outside but also in the slot so another tall corner like Carlton Davis would be smart too..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2017 at 9:31 AM, zappa13004 said:

It would be nice too but to me Nelson is better than Adams, he looks special so even if i like Smith from Auburn, with Nelson in the 1st, a tackle like Ivey is the pick. Mason Cole, i thought about him but watching Penn St i liked Gesicki and he could replace injury prone Eifert. I do not discuss the need for a C but in that mock i went with a TE first..Thanks for feedback

I really like this draft, a lot.  But it only works because we have the gift of hindsight.  I'll explain.  Last year, I hated the Ross pick at the time, one because of the injury history, but more so for the fact that we NEEDED DEs and passed on them.  In hindsight, it didn't matter because Willis and Lawson both somehow lasted to our third and fourth round picks, so all was well.  I still don't like the Ross pick, but softened my stance on it after the Lawson pick.

 

So I love the Nelson pick.  BUT, we have to get an OT in the worst way.  As I've said before, we really need two, plus a center.  If Nelson goes to RG, then fine, but we still haven't addressed the three huge needs on the line.  If he goes to LG, what do we do with the only decent lineman we have now in Boling?  Does he move to RG?  Or C?

Now, getting Ivey helps a lot with this.  But if we take a T in the first, then we still could go with the Auburn G or Will hernandez in the second.  Either combo works in the end.  i agree with Zappa that Nelson is THAT much better at his position.  I just feel like we would be taking a huge gamble by waiting until round two for the tackle.  If Brown fell to our pick, I take him, put him at RT, and roll.  That's unfortunately not an option here.  My first choice for center would be Price, but he's also gone.  Oh well.  Either of the aforementioned available scenarios still work for me though (Zappa's or Duke's).

 

In the third, I love what Gesicki would do as a flex.  He instantly replaces Eifert.  But he doesn't block at all.  But Eifert didn't block much either.  So I wouldn't be disappointed at all with the pick.  having said that, how could we possibly pass on mason Cole at that point?  I love his play at center, and even really like his OT play.  We covet that type of versatility.  Take him, plug him in at Center, and roll with the new look line.  Assuming we get a third round comp for Zeitler, I'd use that pick to grab Marcus baugh (tOSU) who is an unpolished, athletic TE guy who we would use just like Gesicki.  Or trade up and still try to get the Penn State standout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

We covet that type of versatility. 

Thats what i like in Ivey. He plays LT with Florida but looks like he could also play RT or inside too. About Nelson you agree than he is a great prospect and if the position isn't the priority, Boling could move on the right and with Nelson next to Ogbuehi not only youd have a great LG but also someone who will help your LT being better. But of course an OT in the first is the logical choice for now..

Edited by zappa13004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

we have to get an OT in the worst way. 

Sure. I Know and i agree. Now tell me your feelings about Glasgow and Billings next to Atkins ? Are they good enough to pass on Da'Ron Payne if available ? Sims will be FA right ? OTs taken in the first are obviously better (usually) but there is quantity this season and so you easily could have a good OT in the second and a center in the third. What about Payne ? Or any other prospect you'd like to be available and would not mind taking instead of an OT in the 1st ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Sure. I Know and i agree. Now tell me your feelings about Glasgow and Billings next to Atkins ? Are they good enough to pass on Da'Ron Payne if available ? Sims will be FA right ? OTs taken in the first are obviously better (usually) but there is quantity this season and so you easily could have a good OT in the second and a center in the third. What about Payne ? Or any other prospect you'd like to be available and would not mind taking instead of an OT in the 1st ?

I like Billings more than the coaches appear to.  I think he is just now rounding back into football shape after rehabbing the torn meniscus injury.  Glascow is a solid backup.  I don't like Payne enough to take him where he would play, especially in our scheme, with Billings on track for the role.

 

If we hadn't taken Ross and Malone, I'd give Sutton a long look.  If we end up winning enough games down the stretch to push us into the late teens or early 20s, I'd take an extremely long look at TE Mark Andrews.

 

If not a tackle, I could see the reasoning for Nelson, who probably is the top OL prospect, regardless of position.

Knowing this team and its love of CBs, I could see them taking Fitzpatrick if they address the line in free agency.  He fits the versatile profile.  I like James, but no way does this team take a safety that high  I trust Mixon for the long term enough to completely ignore Barkley if he's available at our pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×