Week 15: Packers @ Ravens. POSTGAME: Packers WIN 31-30, Improve to 11-3 & win the NFC North Title!

FAH1223

41 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Let's say we go into OT and we win the toss but don't score.  The Ravens have the best kicker in the league and can hit 'em from over 55 yards.  What Harbaugh told his defense is he didn't trust them to stop Rodgers and company even tho they just did.  Our OL is being held together by duct tape and baling wire.  With that situation is isn't a given Rodgers is gonna march down and get into FG range with 40 seconds.  Plus Crosby has the yips this year.  Thank goodness our D came thru on that 2 point conversion.  

I really really hoped they wouldn't go for 2 pts.

Anyone critical of that call is (in my opinion) evaluating the result not the decision. Rodgers is close to MVP level this season and was for a while shredding the Ravens. You get a chance to try and win it yourself and pretty much take him out of the picture you do it.

Yes there was 40 seconds left but you are up against the worst ST unit in the game. In clutch conditions I wouldn't trust Crosby to kick a 30 yarder let alone a 50 yarder.  Maybe Rodgers could march down and get us into FG range but the same applies if take the XP.

Definitely right call from them for me, they just didn't execute.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It is probably 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.  The problem is, the entire unit just sucks.  Our kicking has been a rollercoaster all season.  Our punting is okay, but he also shanks one for every boomer that he hits.  We have replaced a long snapper because he was bad, and the replacement is just as bad.  We cannot get the ball further than the 20 on a kickoff.  We can barely field a punt without muffing it.  We are the only team to surrender a punt return for a touchdown.  And how many games have we given up starting field position at about the 40 after a kickoff?  

A lot of it is probably just one guy screwing up.  But one guy screws up like 80% of the the time.  Either we have managed to assemble the 53 worst special teams players on one roster, or there is a coaching deficiency.  

There are too many things going wrong for it to be individuals screwing it up.  Pretty much anything the ST can screw up they have at some point. There has to be something fundamentally wrong with the way ST are organised and coached.

The excuse has been injuries mean the ST players have been changing. But its the same for everyone. Ravens have been ravaged by injuries so have probably had to change their ST line up every week but they are ranked 1.  Other teams can churn their roster without them messing up every ST snap. 

The players literally look like they have no idea what they are doing or what they are meant to do. The Yiadom thing was another example - sounds crazy but does he even know he can't intefere with a fair catch - has anyone actually told him. Do they actually practice any of this stuff or just hope it will be OK as it looks like the latter.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

I really really hoped they wouldn't go for 2 pts.

Anyone critical of that call is (in my opinion) evaluating the result not the decision. Rodgers is close to MVP level this season and was for a while shredding the Ravens. You get a chance to try and win it yourself and pretty much take him out of the picture you do it.

Yes there was 40 seconds left but you are up against the worst ST unit in the game. In clutch conditions I wouldn't trust Crosby to kick a 30 yarder let alone a 50 yarder.  Maybe Rodgers could march down and get us into FG range but the same applies if take the XP.

Definitely right call from them for me, they just didn't execute.

The one thing I’ll say, Huntley was slightly off on a few of the throws just before that so maybe don’t rely on him to make the connection.  In general, I feel like coach just said, I’m playing with my back up so we’ll roll the dice and say we out performed all expectations either way. They would have been in great shape in the AFC is they had stolen that one, though. 

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

After watching the Bucs get shut out by the Taysom Hill lead Saints team at home we can't say Tampa is this unstoppable force this time around.

So, the Buccs lost Fournette, Godwin and Evans in the game.

Their defense gave up 9 points.

Offensively they are not an unstoppable force.  But if they do bring back Brown and they gain their guys back from injury at some point and time, they very well could be again.

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

So, the Buccs lost Fournette, Godwin and Evans in the game.

Their defense gave up 9 points.

Offensively they are not an unstoppable force.  But if they do bring back Brown and they gain their guys back from injury at some point and time, they very well could be again.

We know Godwin is out for the season.  Not sure about Evans and Fournette yet.  AB will help replace Godwin’s production, but if Evans and Fournette are out for any length of time, it could have a significant impact for sure.  Tampa’s defense is damn solid.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

We know Godwin is out for the season.  Not sure about Evans and Fournette yet.  AB will help replace Godwin’s production, but if Evans and Fournette are out for any length of time, it could have a significant impact for sure.  Tampa’s defense is damn solid.

Yeah, I just saw that about Godwin.  He was the one guy that Brady leaned on, as fantasy owners know full well.

But...AB can run those routes.  Evans (if he can go) will still get the deep contested balls.  Gronk is still there.

And even if no Fournette, Jones is a good running back.  (I picked him up on my fantasy team right after the injury to Fournette.)

I don't think their offense is going to take that big of a step back with AB for Godwin.  Or Jones for Fournette.

As you said, their D is still "damn solid".

4 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

The Bucs injury parade has just started. Watch.

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yeah, I just saw that about Godwin.  He was the one guy that Brady leaned on, as fantasy owners know full well.

But...AB can run those routes.  Evans (if he can go) will still get the deep contested balls.  Gronk is still there.

And even if no Fournette, Jones is a good running back.  (I picked him up on my fantasy team right after the injury to Fournette.)

I don't think their offense is going to take that big of a step back with AB for Godwin.  Or Jones for Fournette.

As you said, their D is still "damn solid".

I’d really like to see Tampa collapse somehow.  Not a Brady fan, or Tampa for that matter.   I’d quietly do a happy dance if that happened.  Petty, yes, but I’m flawed that way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I’m not one to wish injuries on players of other teams (nor are you), but I won’t lose sleep if that happpens.

It's simple: fully healthy they've got A LOT of weapons on offense and they make you cover the entire field.
A few less weapons.......fine with me.

Add on:  like last year, I'm seeing the playoff seeding working their way out that Tampa's again our #1 concern. Like NOLA has the blueprint to beat TPA - TPA's shown they have it on us.

Dallas is also a concern.........but I'll dont choose to worry about too many things at once :)

Edited by Leader

Back to the wisdom if going for Two and the win. Interesting factoid:

Over the past two seasons, teams have passed on 70 percent of 2-point conversion attempts, despite passes being successful only 47 percent of the time and runs being successful 54 percent of the time.

IMO gutsy decision to go for the win, I think it is legit to guestion the play call as much as the decision.

Tom Silverstein -   LaFleur said he felt his DBs could have played more aggressively on the #Ravens' 4th quarter TD drives and that there were times the players weren't in their stances and locked in when ball was snapped. Said coaches can get the play in faster but that wasn't always the problem.

///

I guess MLF heard me yelling: "Jump that route!"