Week 15 @Broncos

sparky151

14 hours ago, sparky151 said:

This week we get a team that historically has dominated us. Both teams scratching for a playoff berth too.

We played one of those the other day too.  Same result.

If this team wants to build off of the hot start and make the playoffs, they need to win this week, next week, and in Cleveland

Agreed, this is probably the easiest of the remaining games.

It sucks all of the opportunities they have blown this year, they could be at least a couple games better.

Bears.. just a terrible loss, so conservative until they had to go

Jets.. ugh

Packers.. easily could have won that game

49ers.. most likely would have won if Mr. no balls doesn't take the ball out of Joes hands in OT

On 12/15/2021 at 8:10 AM, THE DUKE said:

This is a must win if they want to make the playoffs.  They can MAYBE drop one more game the rest of the season, but it can't be this week.  9-8 will absolutely not get in the playoffs in the AFC this year.

Not so sure about that. If we go 3-1 with the loss to the Chiefs, we'll certainly be in the playoffs, probably as division champ. If 2-2 we might get a wild card. If Browns are still missing a bunch of players on Monday, they could easily lose to Raiders. Ravens are slumping. Pitt isn't very good either. 

Great character building win for you guys.   Burrow played great - it won't show up on the stat sheet, but he avoided any TO-worthy plays, made big throws when he needed to, and used his legs when he needed to.  He was so smart in clock management - that sack he took to make it 3rd and 10, and then converting, basically sealed the game once our brain-dead HC Fangio forgot (again) how to manage TO's and the clock.     That play to Chase that was called back (holding) in the 2Q was pure magic.    Other than Justin Herbert (mainly because he's 2 years younger), there's no 25-and-under QB I'd rather have.    Not getting TO's against a Fangio-D that he faced for the first time, it's a rare feat.    Tip my cap.

And a special shoutout to winning despite not having Awuzie, Logan Wilson and both your starting T's.  On paper, you were the better team, but those losses really levelled the playing field.  

To be transparent, I'm amongst a contingent of fans that love our progress, but don't think we can go any further with Fangio as HC, and without making a big splash move at QB (Russell Wilson/A-Rod plan A).   This only helps us, because Fangio was apparently given a playoffs-or-else mandate this year, according to our beat writers.  So this is a lose-the-battle, win-the-war type situation for us.   Happy for you guys, shore up the OL next year, get a little more CB help, and you guys are cooking with gas (and you belong in the playoffs 100x more than we do this year).   Good luck!

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Great character building win for you guys.   Burrow played great - it won't show up on the stat sheet, but he avoided any TO-worthy plays, made big throws when he needed to, and used his legs when he needed to.  He was so smart in clock management - that sack he took to make it 3rd and 10, and then converting, basically sealed the game once our brain-dead HC Fangio forgot (again) how to manage TO's and the clock.     That play to Chase that was called back (holding) in the 2Q was pure magic.    Other than Justin Herbert (mainly because he's 2 years younger), there's no 25-and-under QB I'd rather have.    Not getting TO's against a Fangio-D that he faced for the first time, it's a rare feat.    Tip my cap.

And a special shoutout to winning despite not having Awuzie, Logan Wilson and both your starting T's.  On paper, you were the better team, but those losses really levelled the playing field.  

To be transparent, I'm amongst a contingent of fans that love our progress, but don't think we can go any further with Fangio as HC, and without making a big splash move at QB (Russell Wilson/A-Rod plan A).   This only helps us, because Fangio was apparently given a playoffs-or-else mandate this year, according to our beat writers.  So this is a lose-the-battle, win-the-war type situation for us.   Happy for you guys, shore up the OL next year, get a little more CB help, and you guys are cooking with gas (and you belong in the playoffs 100x more than we do this year).   Good luck!

Broncos defense is tough for sure. I love Javonte, he is gonna be a top back in this league. What’s going on with Jeudy? I thought he would be a focal point of your offense. 

20 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

Broncos defense is tough for sure. I love Javonte, he is gonna be a top back in this league. What’s going on with Jeudy? I thought he would be a focal point of your offense. 

The QB play and OC scheme is abysmal.   He gets open regularly.   It’s frustrating for fans to say the least. 

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

The QB play and OC scheme is abysmal.   He gets open regularly.   It’s frustrating for fans to say the least. 

Lock and Teddy are both qbs that will get coaches fired. Lock for his arm strength but lack of refinement and Teddy for being generally pretty competent but not very talented.  Merged together they'd be pretty special.