2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

56 minutes ago, DirtyJersey9er said:

What about if we sign Johnson, a Guard, and Moncrief?

If you mean Trumaine Johnson? then getting him, Moncrief, and an IOL would be a strong FA conclusion, imo.

Lots of draft picks to complement the rest of our needs. 

11 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

I dont expect us to go after big money guys like Johnson or Butler. I really believe it will be a next tier lower CB like Amukamara or Colvin.muamukamarakamaraAMUKAMARA

Disagree, I think we will definitely be in the Johnson or Butler sweepstakes. Adam Peters is essentially running the show when it comes to personnel and he knows how important having good corners are. More importantly, he comes from a team that paid big bucks at that position. 

28 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Disagree, I think we will definitely be in the Johnson or Butler sweepstakes. Adam Peters is essentially running the show when it comes to personnel and he knows how important having good corners are. More importantly, he comes from a team that paid big bucks at that position. 

We'll see. Lynch has the final say and I just dont believe he will spend that kind of money on a CB. I think our focus will be more so on the O-Line

46 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

We'll see. Lynch has the final say and I just dont believe he will spend that kind of money on a CB. I think our focus will be more so on the O-Line

Of course Lynch has final say, but obvious he has a lot of trust in Peters, and rightfully so. That's a GM in the making and may even be our GM very soon.

But funny you say OL when I think the complete opposite. Spend big money on OL with exactly who? Pugh? Norwell? I don't think we end up with either. Better chance we draft an IOL with one of our first two picks. 

45 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Except we have literally have been in conversation with every corner that has been ether on the trade block or cut since the off-season started. It seems that the team knows there's a big issue and is spending alot of time and effort specifically on the position. So I wouldn't say we won't spend the money on a top corner.

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Of course Lynch has final say, but obvious he has a lot of trust in Peters, and rightfully so. That's a GM in the making and may even be our GM very soon.

Interesting that you say this. You don't think Lynch will stick around? Or that he will be promoted into a different role? 

Lynch seems like a guy who doesn't let his ego get in the way. From the outside it looks like he is very comfortable leaning on the opinions of others and coming to a group decision. 

You do bring up an interesting angle about Peters and the fact he came from Denver. He clearly had a deep knowledge base about talib, so the fact we passed means it clearly wasn't a good fit. It just sucks he's on the Rams who are certainly a very good fit for him schematically. 

21 minutes ago, N4L said:

Interesting that you say this. You don't think Lynch will stick around? Or that he will be promoted into a different role? 

Lynch seems like a guy who doesn't let his ego get in the way. From the outside it looks like he is very comfortable leaning on the opinions of others and coming to a group decision. 

You do bring up an interesting angle about Peters and the fact he came from Denver. He clearly had a deep knowledge base about talib, so the fact we passed means it clearly wasn't a good fit. It just sucks he's on the Rams who are certainly a very good fit for him schematically. 

It wouldn't surprise me if he got promoted to president of the organization or something to that nature. He's basically suited as the spokesperson of the team. 

4 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

It wouldn't surprise me if he got promoted to president of the organization or something to that nature. He's basically suited as the spokesperson of the team. 

This is actually what I thought when J said that - if her performs well, could absolutely see making him something like head of football operations. He's a great face for the organization to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Not sure who's doing this or what their criteria is, but this is a pretty dismal assessment.

We don't have a good roster and aren't a very good team lol 

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is actually what I thought when J said that - if her performs well, could absolutely see making him something like head of football operations. He's a great face for the organization to be honest. 

We spoke to soon

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

Pretty much, he could have that position or any other one while Peters is the GM and handles the personnel decisions. Kind of like in GB where they had a GM, but Murphy is the President and oversees everything. Lynch is a natural at the mic and while Shanny could hold his own, it is clear Lynch has more of the face of the franchise feel than Shanny. 

Archived