2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

Just now, DirtyJersey9er said:

Apparently there is interest in recently released Tamba Hali.

From us? Interesting. Not sure why you cut Dumervil just to replace him with Hali. Would seem a  lateral move at best, and I actually have more faith in Dumervil getting through the season and being better in the pass rush game than I do with Hali. 

10 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I also have interest in Bourne. I think the staff is content with the guys we have already. They'd love to add a "special" type of WR, but I don't think Robinson is that kind of "special". Or else he wouldn't even be a free agent. If the FO judges him to be a good but not great player, let's just go with what we have and try to hit a homerun in the draft.

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

well darn.

There was always a good chance that the majority of people were going to be underwhelmed / disappointed with what we did in free agency this year, to be honest. 

Just now, Forge said:

There was always a good chance that the majority of people were going to be underwhelmed / disappointed with what we did in free agency this year, to be honest. 

I am one of them.

Happy about Sherman though, If I'd known he was going to be a FA the whole time, he would have been my number 1 target, regardless of Achilles. Thought we'd get a favorable contract and did. 

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

I am one of them.

Happy about Sherman though, If I'd known he was going to be a FA the whole time, he would have been my number 1 target, regardless of Achilles. Thought we'd get a favorable contract and did. 

I'd be disappointed if we didn't try, because this is a great year to throw your money into the ring given the cap space, lack of huge immediate upcoming extensions, etc. I never expected us to land a bunch of high priced guys, but I wanted to see us try. I don't like the marginal free agent approach this year. It'll help the depth of the team, but leave us overwhelmed against opponents starters. It'd result in one of those years where we go 4-0 in the preseason, look great, then come out and put up a 6 or 7 win season. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

yeah Fire Lynch..just kidding. Guess that's just how bad I want us to go after Arob....but in Lynch/Kyle we trust.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm fine with it. I think we re-sign Coyle and Fusco and call it a day. The obvious depth signings and camp fodder too, of course. That's for free agency. He didn't say he wasn't looking to make a splash via trades. The Brandon Graham trade is still possible, even if unlikely.

Just now, Forge said:

I'd be disappointed if we didn't try, because this is a great year to throw your money into the ring given the cap space, lack of huge immediate upcoming extensions, etc. I never expected us to land a bunch of high priced guys, but I wanted to see us try. I don't like the marginal free agent approach this year. 

For me, i'm starting to get worried about this team's tendency to say "Nah, we good" when there are opportunities to get better AND younger at a position. This applies to Norwell, AR15,  Pugh, Jensen, Fulton etc. All of which we now appear to have fleeting interest in. Complacency in talent acquisition is rarely, if ever a good thing. Not only that, it's not like it'd be hard to put Goodwin, Garcon, Taylor and Robinson all out on the field together, or even three of those guys. 

Archived