2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

46 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Just saw this... no idea how likely it is, but it's an interesting race for Kirk.

Kirk Cousins rumors: Cardinals prepping monster offer, look to pair him with FA

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/kirk-cousins-rumors-cardinals-prepping-monster-offer-look-to-pair-him-with-fa/

I'm so happy we traded for Jimmy and extended him.

I'd hate to be in this race for Kirk. 

3 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

A-Rob seems to be off to Chicago.

Seeing the contract details looks like most teams weren't willing to break the bank.  It's something like 3 years 23 mil or something around that.

EDIT: Nvm he got 3 years 42 mil, so bears paid over 10 mil per.

53 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

The #Chiefs locked in on WR Sammy Watkins late last night and the deal is expected to be worth roughly $16M per year over 3 years, sources say.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2018

Man, what an awful trade for LA (almost said STL). Not too upset at missing out on A-Rob: I think he would have been a nice piece, but I like what we have in our young guys and this allows us to add another young guy through the draft without pushing someone else off of the roster.

I don't mind missing out on any of these guys. Well OK Norwell maybe a little bit for Jimmy's sake. I just hate seeing guys get paid way above their worth and then bust. WR's  and O-line are notorious for this. I'm not saying these guys will be busts with their new teams I'm just glad we aren't throwing money in the wind. Lynch and Shanny have shown they can draft and find under valued players to plug and play.

Archived