2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

1 hour ago, Uncle_Rico said:

I don't agree that he doesn't have good feet. I'll agree that his vision isn't great but his pass catching skills are phenomenal out of the backfield and he's explosive as any back in the league. 

He's a converted QB and I think this is when he's finally starting to learn to be a RB. I think people don't realize how athletic he is. He had a top 5 combine for a RB ever.

But fair take, I'd also love Michel or Lewis. Just think McKinnon is what Shanny looks for. Don't have a strong preference who we end up with.

McKinnon also played with Breida at Georgia Southern and are really close. 

4 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

I want a good experienced RB AND a rookie.  But curious what you all think about Williams and McNichols.  Shanny obviously loved Williams and I really liked McNichols. Any chance either of them becomes a decent contributor?

Sure, there's a shot. Williams actually does strike me as a very natural runner. That being said, if we sign a running back, or draft one, I think they are both fighting for their roster spots next year (with McNichols being the most likely)

I see the RB depth working out as:

Breida

Lewis/McKinnon OR Budget hog back like Latavius Murray, Alfred Morris

Joe Williams

Rookie back to off-set the Free Agency acquisition. So either a bell cow type (Royce Freeman seems logical, runs well in zone) or some receiving piglet like HInes/Ito Smith

I think we need to get a veteran who can be used on third downs. Pass blocking and receiving. Hyde was a decent blocker, but below average receiver. Breida was a decent receiver, but poor blocker. I think we need that guy who can do it all, while we use the other RBs more like specialized weapons. Dion Lewis would be a good third down guy, like that.

Just now, John232 said:

I see the RB depth working out as:

Breida

Lewis/McKinnon OR Budget hog back like Latavius Murray, Alfred Morris

Joe Williams

Rookie back to off-set the Free Agency acquisition. So either a bell cow type (Royce Freeman seems logical, runs well in zone) or some receiving piglet like HInes/Ito Smith

i think Mostert has a good chance to be the 4th RB on the roster. The contribution he makes on punts alone makes it worth it to keep him.

Just now, Justone2 said:

i think Mostert has a good chance to be the 4th RB on the roster. The contribution he makes on punts alone makes it worth it to keep him.

Yeah, but he'll probably be considered just a STer. Won't get any legit work out of the backfield. 

I think in this scenario, the budget FA (not lewis or mckinnon) and Williams should be sweatin. 

3 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I think he won't factor into the number of RBs that make the team. He will factor into the special teams only type players that make the roster (same as Nelson is technically a TE, but is only the LS). 

9 minutes ago, John232 said:

Yeah, but he'll probably be considered just a STer. Won't get any legit work out of the backfield. 

I think in this scenario, the budget FA (not lewis or mckinnon) and Williams should be sweatin. 

6 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I think he won't factor into the number of RBs that make the team. He will factor into the special teams only type players that make the roster (same as Nelson is technically a TE, but is only the LS). 

We opened the season with three RB's on the roster including Mostert. He was pretty good in the preseason too if i remember correct. I believe he also got some playing time too as a RB. I don't say he will be making the roster but it will impact the amount of RB's that make the team. The chance we go with 4 and Mostert in my eyes is pretty slim in my eyes. He will at the very least be the fourth guy as a RB if he makes the team.

Archived