2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I really don't have interest in any of the other running backs available. I could see trying to rebuild Jeremy Hill, and McKinnon would fit, but I think too much overlap with breida. At this point, maybe sign Hill, roll with Williams, mcnichols and breida and hope someone balls out

I would imagine lynch and shanny would have someone pegged in the first 3 rounds of the draft and add a veteran somewhere for competition 

Am I just crazy, or is it so wrong for me to have one... simple... thought.. about FA runningbacks...

Hey, FRANK! come back home for 1 more year, and finish that career off with a SB, brother!

th?id=OIP.KbXhoWJm8wfjyr8ri1IkiAHaFD&w=2

5 minutes ago, StevenK said:

McKinnon

you don’t think he would succeed? He played well for Minn and I assume would be cheaper than Lewis. 

OH, I haven't really thought hard enough about him. Can't say I watched all that much of him to say. 

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

Am I just crazy, or is it so wrong for me to have one... simple... thought.. about FA runningbacks...

Hey, FRANK! come back home for 1 more year, and finish that career off with a SB, brother!

th?id=OIP.KbXhoWJm8wfjyr8ri1IkiAHaFD&w=2

Count me on board!

31 minutes ago, John232 said:

I'm not trying to single out Justone, but holding a guy who can only do ST effectively is actually not a good thing. It's generally a bad thing. If a guy wants to be active on game day and he's not starting or main rotation kind of player, you've still got to offer something at your position and ST.  Brock Coyle is a great example of a guy who was a 3rd string LBer, but clearly had some chops on defense, especially after getting his feet wet this past season. Add in the ST play and he's a roster lock. Mosert was bad in the limited snaps he got, thus he's easily replaceable. 

I agree for the most part but to me there are a few exceptions on ST. Gunners and returners that have shown they can make a difference are worth keeping to me. Mostert to me fits in that category as a gunner which makes me want to keep him. I don't say he will 100% make the team but i think there is a good chance. 

1 minute ago, JerseyNiner said:

Not that we would do it but anyone think Jordan Matthews on a 1 Year deal or so on the cheap is a decent option?

I was actually thinking about him earlier and was going to do a write up on potential guys left for us. There's a chance he's falling through the cracks. But he's largely a slot receiver where we have Taylor. Also drops a lot of passes... I'm torn

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

This is a deep RB class. I don't want to spend top 10 money on guys like Lewis. We could get a damn good back with our late 2nd or one of the 3rd round picks.

I'd like to make a move for Curry if he is available though. 

Yeah I agree there's lots of good backs in the draft.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I was actually thinking about him earlier and was going to do a write up on potential guys left for us. There's a chance he's falling through the cracks. But he's largely a slot receiver where we have Taylor. Also drops a lot of passes... I'm torn

I agree that he is a slot guy but obviously a little different than Taylor with his size but still young at 25 first three seasons all over 60 receptions and 800 yards....might be worth a dart can’t be much of a risk

Archived