2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

22 minutes ago, DirtyJersey9er said:

They haven't even said the plan for the OLine.  I could see them doing both possibilities and seeing which one is best.

And he played Guard his rookie season and was shifted to Center after that.  If we based things solely on the rookie season we would be the Browns.

As for McKinnon it's clear we are going RBBC.  Joe Williams is back from injury and there will probably be a late pick sent on RB.  Most of us were salivating over Dion Lewis because of the pass catching specialty.  Again considering the deals signed and the way Praag does contracts you don't even know the aav. 

LIS, I'll wait for them to announce how they are going to utilize Richburg, but he doesn't have the power/strength to play guard naturally, particularly in short yardage. He's just a small dude. MM seems to think that we will be putting him at guard, so we will see. 

If we are going RBBC, the McKinnon decision is even worse from a value point. And yes, we do know the AAV...the only thing we don't know is how it is set up. Which again, LIS in the original post, the way the contract is written is a big thing. And if people were salivating of Lewis because of his pass catching "specialty", they weren't paying enough attention.  He's a sure handed pass catcher, but it's his ability in pass protection, his ability in actually running the football, and contribution on special teams are what made him appealing to me. I didn't want a guy that was just catching passes out of the backfield. 

4 minutes ago, DirtyJersey9er said:

The last few years you have to throw out the "getting RBs cheap" logic.  It's not happening anymore.  QB deals are going up and as are deals for other positions.

Who's using that logic? I haven't said anything about not wanting to pay a running back that much. 

1 minute ago, DirtyJersey9er said:

Per Schefter.... Crabtree returning to the 49ers apparently has some legs.  Imagine that locker room with him and Sherman.  Maybe he wants round 3 with Talib?

That is if they sign Nelson right? 

Crabtree would be really solid with Garoppolo. He's kind of the same player as Garcon so interested in seeing what happens there. I'd welcome him here though. Not sure if his beef with Sherman is squashed or not, but signing Crabtree almost guarantees us on Hard Knocks lol .

22 minutes ago, DirtyJersey9er said:

Per Schefter.... Crabtree returning to the 49ers apparently has some legs.  Imagine that locker room with him and Sherman.  Maybe he wants round 3 with Talib?

Btw, where did you read/watch this? 

I'm going to think that we have lukewarm interest in Jordy at best. No visit set up, and he had a visit with the Raiders already, then is meeting with the Seahawks and Saints. Would assume that if we had legit interest, we would have gotten that visit in at the same time as the Raiders. 

Also, I wonder if we are going to be looking defense at all in free agency. I'm far more concerned about the defense than I am the offense. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm going to think that we have lukewarm interest in Jordy at best. No visit set up, and he had a visit with the Raiders already, then is meeting with the Seahawks and Saints. Would assume that if we had legit interest, we would have gotten that visit in at the same time as the Raiders. 

Also, I wonder if we are going to be looking defense at all in free agency. I'm far more concerned about the defense than I am the offense. 

I think we get Trent Murphy and maybe the one CB Seattle cut(he has a visit with us).

Just now, DirtyJersey9er said:

I think we get Trent Murphy and maybe the one CB Seattle cut(he has a visit with us).

I dig the Murphy signing if we get there. Don't love that our two (three if we get Shead) would be coming off injuries, but there's not much available in the edge rusher market. Clayborn had nearly 70% of his sacks in one game last year and is always an injury risk. I think we are going to be looking linebacker in the draft. Shead is a back end corner I weirdly really want to sign lol. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I dig the Murphy signing if we get there. Don't love that our two (three if we get Shead) would be coming off injuries, but there's not much available in the edge rusher market. Clayborn had nearly 70% of his sacks in one game last year and is always an injury risk. I think we are going to be looking linebacker in the draft. Shead is a back end corner I weirdly really want to sign lol. 

I don't think Murphy signs with us looks like bucs and Pat's are in a bidding war for him.

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

I don't think Murphy signs with us looks like bucs and Pat's are in a bidding war for him.

Disappointing. Our pass rush is going to be brutal next year unless we make some sort of move. That can crush any potential playoff aspirations right out of the gate. 

Archived