2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

23 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I strangely feel the Coaching staff and FO are higher on Armstead than we all are. I just hope he can stay healthy for once and show us what he can do. Gotta think he at least starts the year of as the starting LEO.

He's a nice draft day trade guy.

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

For sure, I dig Kilgore as a back up guard/center. Honestly, I'd probably sooner start Tomlinson / Garnett at the guard spots with Richburg in the middle and Kilgore in the primary back up role along with Magnuson (assuming beadles is cut) or a rookie, and then Gilliam as the swing tackle. 

Yep. Tomlinson, Richburg and Garnett in the middle. Until draft day and we get Nelson :D 

Just now, Pandomonium said:

I'd Just like to say that I'd gladly cut Jimmie Ward for the honey badger and pay the honey badger what we were paying Jimmie plus a little more.  (Unpopular post I know)

Nah, I agree. I'd bring on Honey Badger even at the cost of Ward. But only if it was a 1/2 year cheap deal. 

2 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

OK. I'm really pleased with our three signings.  Do you guys think  we go for anyone else?  Like many have said in the past we can't really afford to load up with a bunch of FAs.  I imagine one more could happen, maybe not?

I think we are still in contention for Shead. He should be visiting us today.

Guys I'd still like to be in on: 

Justin Pugh (then trade Garnett for a comparable player rather than a pick - maybe Garnett / pick for Parker? Garnett and pick for Dante Fowler? ) 

Eric Decker / Jordan Matthews: Both are going to be niche role players but could add a little something. Decker has always worked well in the red zone

Tyler Eifert - curious what his market is at this point. Red zone beast when healthy. With Celek and Kittle, we don't need him to be super healthy. 

Trent Murphy. I'll take him over Clayborn due to being younger, and less injury riddled for the most part (isolated knee tear). 

Ross Cockrell. I've made my appreciation for him as a zone corner very clear over the last month or so. as a CB3, you could do a lot worse. 

Zach Brown. Weird that once again, there's not much going on in his market. 

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

Guys I'd still like to be in on: 

Justin Pugh (then trade Garnett for a comparable player rather than a pick - maybe Garnett / pick for Parker? Garnett and pick for Dante Fowler? ) 

Eric Decker / Jordan Matthews: Both are going to be niche role players but could add a little something. Decker has always worked well in the red zone

Tyler Eifert - curious what his market is at this point. Red zone beast when healthy. With Celek and Kittle, we don't need him to be super healthy. 

Trent Murphy. I'll take him over Clayborn due to being younger, and less injury riddled for the most part (isolated knee tear). 

Ross Cockrell. I've made my appreciation for him as a zone corner very clear over the last month or so. as a CB3, you could do a lot worse. 

Zach Brown. Weird that once again, there's not much going on in his market. 

I like all these guys.  Maybe I'm dreaming, but I'm  really beginning to convince myself we're not out of the running for Nelson.  So I'm probably not up for the Pugh move.  Besides cap is always an issue. Not sure we can afford to re-do Staley's contract, pay for RIchburg and sign Pugh too. We still need to worry about what to do with Brown.  If we pay Staley, Richburg and Pugh then I think there's no money left for Brown  or another FA OT.  So we need to either get a rookie G instead of Pugh  or a rookie OT instead of re-signing Brown. Another problem for our FO to solve!

Just now, DirtyJersey9er said:

Trent Murphy to Buffalo.

It's clear this season we need at least a wild card.  Then that will make us able to get the players we want without overpaying slightly.

Ugh, that sucks. Our pass rush is going to be brutal. 

Archived