2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

35 minutes ago, John232 said:

I'm sort of ok with Going after Suh if it was a short term deal. 3 years, front load it. Buck and Suh with Foster behind them...hoooo jesus. 

Supposedly he doesn't care about anything with this contract except going to the highest bidder, so we'd have a shot if we wanted lol

27 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

my question is,

with hyde gone, and Blount signing in Detroit, Who is our "pound that sucker" running back who can get us 3 yards when we need 1.

Juszczyk 

39 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

my question is,

with hyde gone, and Blount signing in Detroit, Who is our "pound that sucker" running back who can get us 3 yards when we need 1.

Those guys are overrated. Woodhead did it for years in San Diego as the goal line back and he was fine at it. The question should more or less be can the oline get the push needed. 

So...we don't sign Norwell, Pugh, or Sitton. Not even a peep about activity for FA guards. We lose Fusco to the Falcons. All we have on the roster now is Beadles/Tomlinson who were horrible, and Garnett who has shown nothing while coming off an injury. We just signed Jimmy G to a mega deal. 

I don't get the logic in failing to address the G position in free agency. 49ers have actually gotten worse. Pretty pathetic, especially when you have a ton of money to work with. And I don't buy that every guy available wasn't a scheme fit.

14 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

I don't have a problem with Mckinnon, I just don't like what we paid 

Oh, it was a pretty big overpay there. I was listening to a podcast, and they brought up an interesting point in that they thought that shanny and lunch get so fixated on who they want, that it's plan a b c and that we pay a premium when we don't have to. Basically saying that just because we value them more than the other teams at that level doesn't mean we have to pay that level. They equated it to seeing a 400k house, and being so in love with it that you offer 600k when you could overpaid 450k and gotten it. They thought that we did that with McKinnon, smith and juice check last year. I thought it was pretty interesting. Not right or wrong, but interesting

3 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

So...we don't sign Norwell, Pugh, or Sitton. Not even a peep about activity for FA guards. We lose Fusco to the Falcons. All we have on the roster now is Tomlinson who was horrible, and Garnett who has shown nothing while coming off an injury. We just signed Jimmy G to a mega deal. 

I don't get the logic in failing to address the G position in free agency. 49ers have actually gotten worse.

We upgraded significantly at center this off-season. That alone will do wonders for our interior OL, as we will not have two subpar players next to each other on our OL. 

ZBS guards can be found in the middle of the draft. We've seen some guards transition to the NFL rather quickly. 

I do agree that we haven't done enough in free agency. I wanted us to make moves like we were thinking about making the playoffs next year. You said that we would be crazy for thinking about the playoffs and should continue to be patient. Well, now that we didn't spend money on a veteran guard you are complaining about it? Those two statements don't mesh 

36 minutes ago, N4L said:

We upgraded significantly at center this off-season. That alone will do wonders for our interior OL, as we will not have two subpar players next to each other on our OL. 

ZBS guards can be found in the middle of the draft. We've seen some guards transition to the NFL rather quickly. 

I do agree that we haven't done enough in free agency. I wanted us to make moves like we were thinking about making the playoffs next year. You said that we would be crazy for thinking about the playoffs and should continue to be patient. Well, now that we didn't spend money on a veteran guard you are complaining about it? Those two statements don't mesh 

Looks like you failed to understand...yet again.  I've already implied multiple times that the 49ers should do whatever is necessary to improve their roster. What I was talking about a few weeks ago was fan expectations from people like yourself. You think the 49ers are in "playoff mode". I still think it's a wash. Doesn't mean they shouldn't try to improve their roster like everyone else. That includes the guard position though free agency. At the very least not get worse at it. Still, you can't hit on all free agents or draft picks in one off-season. Or rather, it's very rare. I'm all for trying though. Lynch and company being cheap was a vision you created for myself.

My perspective on the matter isn't that complex to comprehend. So please stop putting words in my mouth like you're putting artificial facts in your head. Or at least take the time to read properly. Thanks.

Say this every single year too. Missing out on a free agent could mean a number of things happened...such as the player having no interest in playing here Every year, myself included, people get upset of not getting so & so star UFA...They may have had no interest in playing in California, bay area, for shanny. 

Just worth remembering that signing a guy is a two way street. 

5 minutes ago, John232 said:

Say this every single year too. Missing out on a free agent could mean a number of things happened...such as the player having no interest in playing here Every year, myself included, people get upset of not getting so & so star UFA...They may have had no interest in playing in California, bay area, for shanny. 

Just worth remembering that signing a guy is a two way street. 

This is true too. It could have been a perfect storm of losing Fusco, guys not wanting to come here, the 49ers not being interested, or losing out on a bidding war even though there weren't any reports of being connected to any notable names. I would just hate to think that they felt Richburg was the answer to the offensive line's problems along the interior. Guess it's up to a couple of rookies now.

Archived