MNF: Vikings vs Whatever-this-is-supposed-to-be

JAF-N72EX

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

This means we are going to have to suffer through another game where Matt Nagy is calling plays...send help now! 😂

Yes we are, Captain!  Also he's going to have a strong hand on defense and special teams so get ready for some inexplicable **** to go down.  He's going to figure out how to make the defense punt backwards. 

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

To be fair that is a typical December in midwest and always has been for my entire life.

Almost every winter we all get miserably sick for a week or two at some point.

Especially when you are in school or have kids in school.

No sunshine and we are all crammed together indoors.

Yeah totally, the only winter I never had that was last winter.  Kids are gross as hell it turns out.  The pandemic could have done some good things for education;  get the kids outside more, get flexible with schedules etc etc etc. Instead (at least here in Chicago) it was "make it like it was before, except with masks"  My kids school is really nasty inside, like forget about covid protocols it's just bananas stuck to tables. They have TWO custodial guys.  Spotted my kids teacher carrying a broom with her into school. Bring on Christmas please. 

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I would love to know how all three coordinators are out but not Nagy? Was there a secret meeting between them on how they are going to try and keep their jobs under the new guy? 😂

He had Covid a couple weeks ago so probably rolled right off. ******* astonishing how we're going to get MORE Nagification before it's all over rather than less.  This probably means George is going to be even more petrified to fire him as he'll worry that the literally won't have a person coaching the team. Hell, George is probably going to get Covid in the next month, will retire to his drawing room with a vinegar poultice and will totally miss January so we'll end up with Nagy again be default.  Ugh that's grosser than the school thing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Covid is really going around right now (I live in far West Chicago burbs).   

It is everywhere last 2-3 weeks. 

I just got over it a couple of weeks ago.  Luckily, it wasn't all that bad.  I just felt like I had a cold that lasted about 3 weeks.  My sister tested positive a couple of weeks ago too, but she was asymptomatic.

44 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

He had Covid a couple weeks ago so probably rolled right off. ******* astonishing how we're going to get MORE Nagification before it's all over rather than less.  This probably means George is going to be even more petrified to fire him as he'll worry that the literally won't have a person coaching the team. Hell, George is probably going to get Covid in the next month, will retire to his drawing room with a vinegar poultice and will totally miss January so we'll end up with Nagy again be default.  Ugh that's grosser than the school thing.

Nagification - a word that will go down in infamy in Bears history.  xD

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

It could get interesting if he is unencumbered by more rational minds.

OH hell, what if what's left of the defense absolutely balls out this week.  So many idiotic scenarios in which Nagy stays, and if there's one thing 2021 is happy to provide it's idiotic scenarios occuring at full volume

4 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

And this is the part where I remind everyone I called the Parkey doink the night before the game. And predicted the Covid fire wasps... oh wait, sorry, that doesn't happen until April. 

You called the double doink?  Any chance you could set me up with this week's Powerball numbers?

Bears placed WR Allen Robinson, DB Eddie Jackson, RB Ryan Nall, LB Joel Iyieguniwe, and TE Jesse James on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

The cases keep piling up in Chicago, who have an extra day this week to prepare for the Vikings on Monday night football. It seems unlikely that any of these players will clear protocols for the game at this point, and it's mostly notable from a fantasy perspective for Darnell Mooney, who should see his target share go up. The Bears also listed six other players on the injury report with an illness today, though none of those players have been placed on the COVID-19 list yet. 

Just keeps getting better haha

In total, 13 players were designated as DNP and that does not include those on the COVID list. It’s a good thing the game is not until Monday.

The non-COVID illness that has swept Halas Hall also had 7 players on the estimated injury report as DNP - did not participate. That list includes LT Teven Jenkins & RG James Daniels.

Anyone else suspecting that at least some of the "non-covid" illness will become a covid absence before Monday's game?

19 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Minnesota’s defense isn’t great, but they do lead the league in sacks. Given the Bears’ OL situation, hope Fields is ready to run for his life.

Sounds like it is time to give Foles a start🤪

• Like 2