Week 15 2021 - GDT - Saints (6-7) @ Buccaneers (10-3)

Mid Iowa

34 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

No because we went conservative and then Taysom started to struggle lol

Taysom through one good deep pass to Callaway. The other deep pass to Callaway was a terrible throw that was fortunate not to be picked. Everything else was dink and dunk.

The Saints went conservative because Taysom was being reckless with the football and throwing up rookie ****.

He was also bailing out of clean pockets regularly.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dome said:

Taysom through one good deep pass to Callaway. The other deep pass to Callaway was a terrible throw that was fortunate not to be picked. Everything else was dink and dunk.

The Saints went conservative because Taysom was being reckless with the football and throwing up rookie ****.

He was also bailing out of clean pockets regularly.

His pocket presence stinks for sure, doesn’t step up. He was making some good passes in the first quarter and then we stopped dropping back and started running right up the gut all night. 

Look, I don’t think Taysom is a good QB. I think he’s average, but I don’t think last nights plan did him any favors. The Bucs secondary blows and we didn’t drop back enough after the first quarter. Also blocking that DL with 5, with two backup OT, isn’t exactly a stellar plan. 

5 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

His pocket presence stinks for sure, doesn’t step up. He was making some good passes in the first quarter and then we stopped dropping back and started running right up the gut all night. 

One 40-yarder to Callaway. The only other deep completion he had in the 1st was NOT a good pass, there's no doubt that contributed to why we went conservative... because Taysom showed he wasn't being smart and everyone besides you knew the first pass to Callaway wasn't a sustainable play for Taysom.

All our backups over the years have been able to move to offense with the dink and dunk aspects Payton knows so well, if you want to give Taysom credit for those you're patting him on the back for what all our backups have been able to do which speaks volumes to how much credit he needs for basic QB tasks.

11 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Look, I don’t think Taysom is a good QB.

But you're constantly defending him, often times with a very clear bias.

I think he’s average

He's not even average. Closer to a Tim Tebow than a Cam Newton.

I don’t think last nights plan did him any favors.

You just want Taysom to sling it all game? 

The Bucs secondary blows and we didn’t drop back enough after the first quarter.

Omg you do lol

Also blocking that DL with 5, with two backup OT, isn’t exactly a stellar plan. 

Right. And when Taysom showed he was panicking in pressure, throwing up what should've been INTs, and no longer going through the progressions it was time to rely on defense and TOP.

12 minutes ago, Dome said:

One 40-yarder to Callaway. The only other deep completion he had in the 1st was NOT a good pass, there's no doubt that contributed to why we went conservative... because Taysom showed he wasn't being smart and everyone besides you knew the first pass to Callaway wasn't a sustainable play for Taysom.

All our backups over the years have been able to move to offense with the dink and dunk aspects Payton knows so well, if you want to give Taysom credit for those you're patting him on the back for what all our backups have been able to do which speaks volumes to how much credit he needs for basic QB tasks.

But you're constantly defending him, often times with a very clear bias.

He's not even average. Closer to a Tim Tebow than a Cam Newton.

You just want Taysom to sling it all game? 

Omg you do lol

Right. And when Taysom showed he was panicking in pressure, throwing up what should've been INTs, and no longer going through the progressions it was time to rely on defense and TOP.

Stop twisting my words and we can have a real discussion. I don’t want Taysom to throw it 45 times but running the ball got us literally nothing all night. 

Taysom had a nice throw to Callaway and Trequan in the first quarter and then  the only time we threw was on 3rd and long. You’re not putting your QB in a position to succeed when the only time he’s throwing is against a nickel/dime package on an obvious passing down, especially when he isn’t Drew Brees. We barely ran any play action even though we ran the ball 30+ times. Taysom also had a good pass to Vannett late that was dropped. 

Taysom isn’t a good passer but if you put him in the right spots he can succeed. We ran ZERO screens last night, very little play action and after the first we seemed to only throw on 3rd down. I understand if they don’t want to turn the ball over but we might our offense so predictable and Taysom isn’t a good enough passer to succeed in that situation. Taysom can win you games, regardless of how it looks, but Carmichael didn’t help our cause last night. 

As mentioned he had the 1 nice deep ball, but after that things reverted back to typical Taysom really quick. He missed Kamara on several throws in the first half. These were plays where Kamara was open and a well placed ball would have resulted in big plays. Frustrating to watch our best player on offense be held back due to incompetence at QB.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Stop twisting my words and we can have a real discussion. I don’t want Taysom to throw it 45 times but running the ball got us literally nothing all night. 

We called over 35 passing plays when you factor in sacks, Taysom scrambling, or a penalty that negated the play.

We ran the ball 31 times, and that got us a turnover free offensive performance and the win.

6 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Taysom had a nice throw to Callaway and Trequan in the first quarter and then  the only time we threw was on 3rd and long. You’re not putting your QB in a position to succeed when the only time he’s throwing is against a nickel/dime package on an obvious passing down, especially when he isn’t Drew Brees. We barely ran any play action even though we ran the ball 30+ times. Taysom also had a good pass to Vannett late that was dropped. 

So you're talking about 3 notable passes the entire game?

We called more passing plays than rushing plays despite you admitting Taysom isn't a good passer. IDK what more you want.

Taysom isn’t a good passer but if you put him in the right spots he can succeed. We ran ZERO screens last night,

Yeah, our backup OTs suck in space, that got highlighted a couple times. It changed the plays we felt good calling.

very little play action and after the first we seemed to only throw on 3rd down.

Play action was taking too long to develop with our backup OTs.

Taysom was bailing on the pocket and the backup OTs can't fend off the pass rush that long without holding.

I understand if they don’t want to turn the ball over but we might our offense so predictable and Taysom isn’t a good enough passer to succeed in that situation.

Taysom isn't a good enough passer to succeed as a passer. Period. Hard stop.

That's why we started running so much. No pocket presence, inconsistent touch, poor decision making under pressure.

14 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Taysom can win you games, regardless of how it looks, but Carmichael didn’t help our cause last night. 

Tim Tebow can win you games too. Doesn't mean he's an average QB.

Taysom cant even dink and dunk very well.  Dink and dunk can move the offense, especially with Kamara.  Old man Brees lived off dink and dunk and the offense was still top 5 scoring.  Tayso. Is terriby inaccurate, cant throw short, cant throw deep.  He can throw a nice bullet pass sometimes but cant make any throw that requires some semblance of touch.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dome said:

We called over 35 passing plays when you factor in sacks, Taysom scrambling, or a penalty that negated the play.

We ran the ball 31 times, and that got us a turnover free offensive performance and the win.

So you're talking about 3 notable passes the entire game?

We called more passing plays than rushing plays despite you admitting Taysom isn't a good passer. IDK what more you want.

Yeah, our backup OTs suck in space, that got highlighted a couple times. It changed the plays we felt good calling.

Play action was taking too long to develop with our backup OTs.

Taysom was bailing on the pocket and the backup OTs can't fend off the pass rush that long without holding.

Taysom isn't a good enough passer to succeed as a passer. Period. Hard stop.

That's why we started running so much. No pocket presence, inconsistent touch, poor decision making under pressure.

Tim Tebow can win you games too. Doesn't mean he's an average QB.

I mean all of that and you basically agreed with me. The offense was incredibly handicapped and predictable last night. Taysom isn’t a good passer but when you also put him in hard situations as a passer, you’re doing yourself no favors. 

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Taysom isn’t a good passer but when you also put him in hard situations as a passer, you’re doing yourself no favors. 

Totally wrong. Going conservative and playing for TOP and field position when your QB sucks is doing yourself a huge favor.

Abandoning the run because it wasn't working is exactly what has turned our team one dimensional in the past. People constantly complained about Payton abandoning the run.

Carmichael (acting as an extension of Payton) calls a well balanced game that kept our defense rested, kept Taysom from committing turnovers, and got us a road win against the best team in our division... and mookie is complaining that a guy he admits is bad passer didn't get enough chances to throw the ball.

@MookieMonstah you're truly unreasonable and crazy biased my dude lol. I'm out. You keep running the one man Taysom Train but it's really hard to watch lol

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

Totally wrong. Going conservative and playing for TOP and field position when your QB sucks is doing yourself a huge favor.

Abandoning the run because it wasn't working is exactly what has turned our team one dimensional in the past. People constantly complained about Payton abandoning the run.

Carmichael (acting as an extension of Payton) calls a well balanced game that kept our defense rested, kept Taysom from committing turnovers, and got us a road win against the best team in our division... and mookie is complaining that a guy he admits is bad passer didn't get enough chances to throw the ball.

@MookieMonstah you're truly unreasonable and crazy biased my dude lol. I'm out. You keep running the one man Taysom Train but it's really hard to watch lol

I mean I’m 50% kidding. I’m not complaining at all. I’m very happy with the results of last night. I don’t think last night helped keep our defense rested lol how many three and outs did we have? I would’ve liked to see a more creative offensive game plan.

Again, Taysom is NOT a good passer. I just also think the game plan did us no favors. Taysom is our starting QB right now, I’m glad we won but you need to adapt the game plan to help make his job easier. You aren’t going to win in the playoffs not passing the ball. All I’m saying is being predictable and getting under 2 YPC from your HBs was not a great offensive game plan. You can be happy with the win and also acknowledge winning games while scoring 9 points is not sustainable lol

37 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean I’m 50% kidding. I’m not complaining at all. I’m very happy with the results of last night. I don’t think last night helped keep our defense rested lol how many three and outs did we have? I would’ve liked to see a more creative offensive game plan.

Only one in the first half, our defense was fresh as hell coming out of the locker room at half time.

Lets look at the three and outs though...

The first three and out happened when Taysom took a sack on 2nd, then threw an incomplete on 3rd.

The second three and out happened when Taysom took a loss on a running play, then threw an incomplete to Callaway.

The third three and out happened when Taysom threw incomplete passes on 1st and 2nd, then took a sack on 3rd.

The fourth three and out happened when Taysom threw an incomplete on 3rd and 4.

The fifth three and out happened when Kamara and Taysom both got stuffed on a 2 yard attempt, after a QB run for 8 yards on 1st down.

The sixth three and out happened when Taysom took a sack on 2nd, then threw an incomplete on 3rd.

Playmaker Taysom lol

Again, Taysom is NOT a good passer. I just also think the game plan did us no favors. Taysom is our starting QB right now, I’m glad we won but you need to adapt the game plan to help make his job easier. All I’m saying is being predictable and getting under 2 YPC from your HBs was not a great offensive game plan.

You move the goal posts a lot when talking about Taysom. A few weeks ago in his contract thread in NFL News you never would've admitted Taysom isn't a good passer.

How would asking him to throw more make his job easier? Handoffs to the HB, dink and dunking, and QB runs are as simple as it gets. Break down for me how him slinging it around when he's a bad passer is gonna make things easier.

You aren’t going to win in the playoffs not passing the ball.

Well now you're just making stuff up dude. 

Taysom attempted 27 passes last night.

• Tom Brady won the Super Bowl last year while attempting just 29 passes.
  • Patrick Mahomes won a playoff game last year while attempting just 30 passes.
  • Lamar Jackson won a playoff game last year while attempting just 24 passes.
  • Jared Goff won a playoff game last year while attempting just 19 passes.

Like I said it's super clear you're biased, now you're just making up a narrative.

We didn't struggle offensively because we didn't call enough passes, we struggled offensively because Taysom Hill is not a NFL level QB.

You can be happy with the win and also acknowledge winning games while scoring 9 points is not sustainable lol

Nobody thinks Taysom Hill lead offense is sustainable... so we are on the same page here. 

I'm out. For real this time lol

Be reasonable and we can talk about Hill later 

Edited by Dome

55 minutes ago, Dome said:

Only one in the first half, our defense was fresh as hell coming out of the locker room at half time.

Lets look at the three and outs though...

The first three and out happened when Taysom took a sack on 2nd, then threw an incomplete on 3rd.

The second three and out happened when Taysom took a loss on a running play, then threw an incomplete to Callaway.

The third three and out happened when Taysom threw incomplete passes on 1st and 2nd, then took a sack on 3rd.

The fourth three and out happened when Taysom threw an incomplete on 3rd and 4.

The fifth three and out happened when Kamara and Taysom both got stuffed on a 2 yard attempt, after a QB run for 8 yards on 1st down.

The sixth three and out happened when Taysom took a sack on 2nd, then threw an incomplete on 3rd.

Playmaker Taysom lol

You move the goal posts a lot when talking about Taysom. A few weeks ago in his contract thread in NFL News you never would've admitted Taysom isn't a good passer.

How would asking him to throw more make his job easier? Handoffs to the HB, dink and dunking, and QB runs are as simple as it gets. Break down for me how him slinging it around when he's a bad passer is gonna make things easier.

Well now you're just making stuff up dude. 

Taysom attempted 27 passes last night.

• Tom Brady won the Super Bowl last year while attempting just 29 passes.
  • Patrick Mahomes won a playoff game last year while attempting just 30 passes.
  • Lamar Jackson won a playoff game last year while attempting just 24 passes.
  • Jared Goff won a playoff game last year while attempting just 19 passes.

Like I said it's super clear you're biased, now you're just making up a narrative.

We didn't struggle offensively because we didn't call enough passes, we struggled offensively because Taysom Hill is not a NFL level QB.

Nobody thinks Taysom Hill lead offense is sustainable... so we are on the same page here. 

I'm out. For real this time lol

Be reasonable and we can talk about Hill later 

What? Thats my point, 3 and out's aren't really giving the defense rest. Even if they still played really well. Running the ball did nothing but get us 3 and outs in the second half. Taysom hasn't impressed me as a passer, am I not allowed to change my stance when evidence is provided? Seems like a weird way to view sports. Taysom has NOT been a good passer, I don't know how many times I have to say it? Those teams still had the THREAT of passing. I don't care if Tom throws 10 times, you can't just full out run blitz on him because you know he can absolutely shred M2M coverage. Taysom doesn't have that threat, teams don't scare him passing so they ARE selling out to stop the run. You have to keep them honest. Screens, read-options, easy read passes, picks at the LOS. You have to do SOMETHING to make it easy for Taysom.

You're mad for no reason dude, just relax. We're saying the EXACT same thing, we just have different views on what will be successful. I'm saying classic drop back and let Taysom read a defense + obvious running is not going to be successful. If you have no threat of a passing game you become very easy to defend. How many games are we going to win moving forward if we only score 9 points? Our defense played the game of their lives, you can't expect that every week.

27 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

What? Thats my point, 3 and out's aren't really giving the defense rest. Even if they still played really well. Running the ball did nothing but get us 3 and outs in the second half. Taysom hasn't impressed me as a passer, am I not allowed to change my stance when evidence is provided? Seems like a weird way to view sports.

You said he was average in this very thread. Now you’re saying he isn’t a good passer and we lack a passing threat.

That’s not an average QB. It’s also not changing the stance as evidence is provided, it’s moving the goalposts.

Taysom has NOT been a good passer, I don't know how many times I have to say it? Those teams still had the THREAT of passing. I don't care if Tom throws 10 times, you can't just full out run blitz on him because you know he can absolutely shred M2M coverage. Taysom doesn't have that threat, teams don't scare him passing so they ARE selling out to stop the run. You have to keep them honest. Screens, read-options, easy read passes, picks at the LOS. You have to do SOMETHING to make it easy for Taysom.

Taysom was missing check downs and easy passes. Look at the 3 and out plays. It’s not cause we ran the ball too much it’s because Taysom can’t make routine QB plays.

You're mad for no reason dude, just relax. We're saying the EXACT same thing, we just have different views on what will be successful. I'm saying classic drop back and let Taysom read a defense + obvious running is not going to be successful. If you have no threat of a passing game you become very easy to defend. How many games are we going to win moving forward if we only score 9 points? Our defense played the game of their lives, you can't expect that every week.

I’m not mad, we are having a debate lol

You are clearly biased for Taysom, you can’t deny that lol 

You using anecdotal evidence and non-committal stances so there is nothing more for me to say. It’s not because I’m “mad” it’s because I’m at a loss for words.