Christmas Raider Mock Offseason V1

Humble_Beast

I'm off work for a few weeks so I will make a quick mock offseason 

Admin Moves: 

Head Coach Hired: Jim Harbaugh - he is offered big money, has ties to Raider organization. Vic Fangio is fired from Broncos and becomes the new DC and runs a 4-3. Also wouldn't mind Kellen Moore 

GM: Eliot Wolf - ties to the Raiders organization. Mark Davis goes with guys he trust 

Players retained:

• C Hayward- 2y 10m - has been lights out. bring him back, 2nd year not promised 
  • S Thomas- 3y 15m - he has had his moments. DT free agency class sucks, I think Thomas can be a long term player 
  • N Morrow- 1y 3m- his value is low, but he can provide depth all over the LB unit. I personally think he is a baller and we always lack defensive depth 
  • M Mariota- 1y 5m- He might Get a shot to start somewhere, so this one is iffy. But the door is open to bring him back, smart to have a solid QB2 with a vet 
  • B Facyson- 1y 1m- guy has been solid, good depth piece 
  • D Philon- 1y 1m - decent rotation player, probably cheaper than Jefferson and same type of player 

Players cut: 

• Nick K- we found a better player for cheaper in Perryman 
  • D Good- he got a shot and let us down. Time to look for an upgrade 

Free Agency:

• Allen Robinson - as much as I was Devantae Adams, I don't see Packers breaking it up at the point. Arob is coming off a down year, but he is a true WR1. He would thrive on the Raiders with DC. He has been playing hurt, and the Bears are a mess 2y 30m 
  • Laken Tomlinson - this is big move to improve our Interior offensive line. We need a stud to blow up holes, someone we can count on. 49ers in cap hell 3y 30m Wyatt Teller could be another option 
  • Morgan Moses- we need a vet to come in and lock down the RT spot. He is over 30 but he should hold up on a 2y 20m deal. Moses always been a rock. We rebuild the OL in free agency
  • Ronald Jones- 1y 4m prove it deal. I honest' think there's much of a drop off. ROJO is young 24, explosive, is a good RB. Bucs just fell in love with Fornette. I could easily see ROJO outplaying this deal  
  • DJ Chark- he lost most of this year but he has serious potential. He is 6'3 runs a 4.3 and gives the offense some juice it lost with Ruggs. Sign him on a prove it deal 1y 5m
  • Jaylon Smith- 1y 1m deal- I would offer him a prove it deal. We don't really have great depth on defensive  so he has a shot to make the team and make an impact. 

thats around 50m in cap space, we are projected to have 52m before the cuts which will give us around 60m

Trades: I think new gm will want more picks so I could see a few trades 

- Ferrell for 4th round pick- I think Koonce might be better than Ferrell. A team might bite with his draft pedigree and think a system fit. He could actually be solid 3-4 starting end. I don't see us paying him so good to get something 

- Jacobs- 2nd rounder - this might be a stretch and unpopular. idk to me RBS are a dime a dozen, and Jacobs has been injury prone. I would trade him before giving him a big payday 

Draft: 

• R1- DeMarvin Leal DT- we need a stud in the interior to compliment our stud edge rushers
  • R2- Daniel Faalele RT- I been high on him as RT for awhile. He is a good football player and freak athlete. He can provide depth year one and not get embarrassed as a rookie to shake his confidence. Moses is older so by the following year we would have a plan in place  
  • R2- Verone Mckinnley S- He has been ballin, he can hit and tackle for the SS spot. However he can provide range and good in coverage. Competition with Gillespie/Teamer for SS job

R3- Max Mitchell T- (Ferrell trade)- Idk if Parker will be back, important to have a LT2. If Kolton was to get hurt, season would be over Ranked as the best Tackle in college football PFF

R4- John Mechie WR- a burner at WR from BAMA. Tore his acl in SEC Championship so he might to 4th round. He would be an early pick otherwise, he is a baller. Might take time to get going in the NFL. Good WR class 

R4-   John Ridgeway- bigger DT, who will start off as depth with hopes can develop into a starter. 

R5-7- BPA - maybe try to find another RB always value later 

2022 Depth Chart:

• QB- DC, MM
  • RB-  ROJO, Drake, Ragas/R5-7, Ingold 
  • WR- Arob, Chark, Renfrow, Edwards, Mechie, Turner/Stoner
  • TE-  Waller, Foreau, Bushman/Helm/Bowers 
  • T- Miller, Moses, Faalele, Mitchell  
  • G- Laken, Leatherwood, Simpson
  • C- James, Martin
  • DE- Max, Yannick, Nassib, Koonce 
  • DT- Leal, Thomas, Philon, Ridgeway 
  • OLB: Littleton, Abram, Deablo, Morrow
  • MLB: Perryman, JWhite/J Smith 
  • CB: Hayward, Mullen, Hobbs, Facyson, Nixon/Amik
  • S: Moehrig, Mckinnley, Gillespie, Teamer
  • K/P/LS- Carlson, Cole, Seig 

thoughts? 

Edited by Humble_Beast

In all seriousness, we'd all love that coaching staff. 

Elliot Wolf - they tried to bring him here during the Reggie era and he wasn't interested. Maybe the GM makes that happen. 

19 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

D Good- he got a shot and let us down.

Imagine thinking a guy who tore his ACL and then tried to PLAY on it let us down.

20 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

- Jacobs- 2nd rounder

lol... he's not worth a 4th round pick. Dime a dozen back you can find anywhere in the draft. 

The draft is whatever. I don't think Mechie last until round 4 over an ACL. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, big_palooka said:

In all seriousness, we'd all love that coaching staff. 

Elliot Wolf - they tried to bring him here during the Reggie era and he wasn't interested. Maybe the GM makes that happen. 

Imagine thinking a guy who tore his ACL and then tried to PLAY on it let us down.

lol... he's not worth a 4th round pick. Dime a dozen back you can find anywhere in the draft. 

The draft is whatever. I don't think Mechie last until round 4 over an ACL. 

Don’t understand the irrational take on Good for sure. He can also play multiple positions. 2nd rounder for a physical RB who wont have a great shelf life is a tad aggressive to say the least 

15 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I'm off work for a few weeks so I will make a quick mock offseason 

Admin Moves: 

Head Coach Hired: Jim Harbaugh - he is offered big money, has ties to Raider organization. Vic Fangio is fired from Broncos and becomes the new DC and runs a 4-3. Also wouldn't mind Kellen Moore 

GM: Eliot Wolf - ties to the Raiders organization. Mark Davis goes with guys he trust 

Players retained:

• C Hayward- 2y 10m - has been lights out. bring him back, 2nd year not promised 
  • S Thomas- 3y 15m - he has had his moments. DT free agency class sucks, I think Thomas can be a long term player 
  • N Morrow- 1y 3m- his value is low, but he can provide depth all over the LB unit. I personally think he is a baller and we always lack defensive depth 
  • M Mariota- 1y 5m- He might Get a shot to start somewhere, so this one is iffy. But the door is open to bring him back, smart to have a solid QB2 with a vet 
  • B Facyson- 1y 1m- guy has been solid, good depth piece 
  • D Philon- 1y 1m - decent rotation player, probably cheaper than Jefferson and same type of player 

Players cut: 

• Nick K- we found a better player for cheaper in Perryman 
  • D Good- he got a shot and let us down. Time to look for an upgrade 

Free Agency:

• Allen Robinson - as much as I was Devantae Adams, I don't see Packers breaking it up at the point. Arob is coming off a down year, but he is a true WR1. He would thrive on the Raiders with DC. He has been playing hurt, and the Bears are a mess 2y 30m 
  • Laken Tomlinson - this is big move to improve our Interior offensive line. We need a stud to blow up holes, someone we can count on. 49ers in cap hell 3y 30m Wyatt Teller could be another option 
  • Morgan Moses- we need a vet to come in and lock down the RT spot. He is over 30 but he should hold up on a 2y 20m deal. Moses always been a rock. We rebuild the OL in free agency
  • Ronald Jones- 1y 4m prove it deal. I honest' think there's much of a drop off. ROJO is young 24, explosive, is a good RB. Bucs just fell in love with Fornette. I could easily see ROJO outplaying this deal  
  • DJ Chark- he lost most of this year but he has serious potential. He is 6'3 runs a 4.3 and gives the offense some juice it lost with Ruggs. Sign him on a prove it deal 1y 5m
  • Jaylon Smith- 1y 1m deal- I would offer him a prove it deal. We don't really have great depth on defensive  so he has a shot to make the team and make an impact. 

thats around 50m in cap space, we are projected to have 52m before the cuts which will give us around 60m

Trades: I think new gm will want more picks so I could see a few trades 

- Ferrell for 4th round pick- I think Koonce might be better than Ferrell. A team might bite with his draft pedigree and think a system fit. He could actually be solid 3-4 starting end. I don't see us paying him so good to get something 

- Jacobs- 2nd rounder - this might be a stretch and unpopular. idk to me RBS are a dime a dozen, and Jacobs has been injury prone. I would trade him before giving him a big payday 

Draft: 

• R1- DeMarvin Leal DT- we need a stud in the interior to compliment our stud edge rushers
  • R2- Daniel Faalele RT- I been high on him as RT for awhile. He is a good football player and freak athlete. He can provide depth year one and not get embarrassed as a rookie to shake his confidence. Moses is older so by the following year we would have a plan in place  
  • R2- Verone Mckinnley S- He has been ballin, he can hit and tackle for the SS spot. However he can provide range and good in coverage. Competition with Gillespie/Teamer for SS job

R3- Max Mitchell T- (Ferrell trade)- Idk if Parker will be back, important to have a LT2. If Kolton was to get hurt, season would be over Ranked as the best Tackle in college football PFF

R4- John Mechie WR- a burner at WR from BAMA. Tore his acl in SEC Championship so he might to 4th round. He would be an early pick otherwise, he is a baller. Might take time to get going in the NFL. Good WR class 

R4-   John Ridgeway- bigger DT, who will start off as depth with hopes can develop into a starter. 

R5-7- BPA - maybe try to find another RB always value later 

2022 Depth Chart:

• QB- DC, MM
  • RB-  ROJO, Drake, Ragas/R5-7, Ingold 
  • WR- Arob, Chark, Renfrow, Edwards, Mechie, Turner/Stoner
  • TE-  Waller, Foreau, Bushman/Helm/Bowers 
  • T- Miller, Moses, Faalele, Mitchell  
  • G- Laken, Leatherwood, Simpson
  • C- James, Martin
  • DE- Max, Yannick, Nassib, Koonce 
  • DT- Leal, Thomas, Philon, Ridgeway 
  • OLB: Littleton, Abram, Deablo, Morrow
  • MLB: Perryman, JWhite/J Smith 
  • CB: Hayward, Mullen, Hobbs, Facyson, Nixon/Amik
  • S: Moehrig, Mckinnley, Gillespie, Teamer
  • K/P/LS- Carlson, Cole, Seig 

thoughts? 

Cap space is going up another  20 mil doubt a run first team like the Niners let Tomlinson walk for 3 for 30. 

I would have pretty much zero complaints. 

Question I do have:

The hypothetical picks for Ferrell and Jacobs- I assume these are 2023 picks? 

Ancillary observation:

The OL would consist of Miller, Simpson, James, Tomlinson/Teller, Moses, Mr. Leatherwood, Faallele (D), Mitchell (D). 

I get the worry about Miller, but I don't think I'd draft 2 OTs in the draft that early. Mr. Leatherwood hasn't been great and is unpopular due to his draft status, but he's serviceable enough to warrant seeing if he grows. Adding Moses, Faallele, and Mitchell on top, along with Tomlinson/Teller is a lot of investment. 

I think I would change either the round 2 or round 3 pick for a WR, RB, or LB, while keeping Good around on the cheap. He's versatile enough to allow us to shift guys around. 

WR: Robinson, Chark, Renfrow, Edwards, Metchie (if he's available where you picked him) would be good. But I think we could be in position to have an even deeper corps, in case one goes down (Metchie and Chark both coming off injuries, Robinson is a year older, and Teflon Renfrow I fear is going to eventually take a beating). 

Or we could go RB: I like the RoJo addition. A lot. I worry about Drake though, and really don't want to rely too heavily on RoJo to carry the bulk load with Ragas or a late pick. I'd try and find a RB day 2 to split some carries and try and stash Ragas (who I like, btw) back on the PS for a rainy day. We've seen this year how a shallow RB corps can bite us if someone goes down. 

Or LB/Take your pick: Hard to go wrong bolstering depth, especially on D. While we had a fairly solid starting lineup on paper, we've seen how an injury or two really sets us back in various aspects. 

Like I said, I wouldn't have any real complaints either way. This would be a damn good off season.

Edited by ronjon1990

2 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Maybe you should find something more productive to do. Volunteer at a homeless shelter, pick up trash along a highway.............

Maybe you should do the same instead of taking the time out of your day to be rude to him for making a mock off-season.

• Like 3