? Week Nine: Buccaneers (2-5) @ Saints (5-2)

bucsfan333

9 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Well no matter the record, the Monday night game will be must see TV.  That crowd will be frothing for Gruden.  You could make a mint selling Chucky savior T shirts outside the stadium that night.  As a Bucs fan, this just feels like home again.  Talking draft and regime change.

If we continue to play the way we are offensively, I’d be shocked if Koetter gets that far. 

1 minute ago, Buc Ball said:

If we continue to play the way we are offensively, I’d be shocked if Koetter gets that far. 

IMO, Smith will resign first.  No head coach has been  fired before the season ended by the Glazers.  I do want a consultant hired immediately though to start reviewing the entire organization immediately. 

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

IMO, Smith will resign first.  No head coach has been  fired before the season ended by the Glazers.  I do want a consultant hired immediately though to start reviewing the entire organization immediately. 

I don’t think that will be publicised at all. Licht is sitting there with months left on his deal. The last thing you want is him knowing that something subject to his judgement is being taken out of his hands.

Human nature would have him taking his foot off the gas, which would be understandable if he felt he was on the verge of being fired.

14 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

I don’t think that will be publicised at all. Licht is sitting there with months left on his deal. The last thing you want is him knowing that something subject to his judgement is being taken out of his hands.

Human nature would have him taking his foot off the gas, which would be understandable if he felt he was on the verge of being fired.

The problem is right now, it is not a firing, just not a renewal.  I know it is semantics, but a consultant can actually although unlikely recommend to retain Licht.  The Glazers need to have a lesser voice in hiring of critical team positions.  They own the team and can do what they want, but since the firing of Gruden the decisions made have been ugly.

7 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Finally I can say. Shoulda taken mariota. I don't care about stats. Dude is playing smart football. 

The safer all round prospect. 

At the time I thought his ceiling was lower than Winston’s, but his floor was much higher. I get the feeling we got so obsessed with Winston the leader that the evaluation of Winston the football player was forgotten. 

The worst case scenario seems to have happened. Now I wonder if a new regime will pull the trigger on a QB with our inevitably high draft pick.

20 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Finally I can say. Shoulda taken mariota. I don't care about stats. Dude is playing smart football. 

I KNEW it was only a matter of time before you do this for the 3rd straight season

Mariota is not playing better than Winston(that's why you have to mention stats not mattering, you probably looked them up and it was not what you thought it was going to be).

Right now our entire team sucks bad. Titans on the other hand are decent. Mariota on this team would be sitting at 2-6.

EDIT: Also Titans scheadule has been a cupcake

11 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

The problem is right now, it is not a firing, just not a renewal.  I know it is semantics, but a consultant can actually although unlikely recommend to retain Licht.  The Glazers need to have a lesser voice in hiring of critical team positions.  They own the team and can do what they want, but since the firing of Gruden the decisions made have been ugly.

Very true, though I think if there’s a consultant involved, it will be very quiet and directly to the Glazers. 

The decisions post Rich McKay have been questionable. The downward spiral started with draft bust after draft bust. Gruden’s only good first round pick was Davin Joseph. His best second rounder was, I dunno, Barrett Ruud? 

There were injury busts in there (Cadillac, Sears) and guys who we quit on, but were very good elsewhere (Talib). 

I’m not sure we’ve been well run in the last decade.

14 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Very true, though I think if there’s a consultant involved, it will be very quiet and directly to the Glazers. 

The decisions post Rich McKay have been questionable. The downward spiral started with draft bust after draft bust. Gruden’s only good first round pick was Davin Joseph. His best second rounder was, I dunno, Barrett Ruud? 

There were injury busts in there (Cadillac, Sears) and guys who we quit on, but were very good elsewhere (Talib). 

We haven't been run effectively and that starts with ownership. I get why they gave the power to Gruden after he won the Super Bowl.   Why extend him to fire Him?  They need to hire Rah because they lost Tomlin.  After Rah was fired, need a candidate with head coaching experience.   Greg Schiano.  Then head coach with NFL experience,  that is the issue.   Lovie Smith.  Finalist for job after that McDermott and Koetter.  How is that working Out?  Don't get me wrong, I liked the Koetter signing, the Mike Smith decision was curious.  He didnt call a game in 8 years.They need a level between themselves and the GM who is a guy who has a pedigree of building a winning organization.  Actually there are 2 very good candidates right now on the street.  Dave Gettleman and John Dorsey.  Will they do It?  I hope so.

13 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Gruden was also without early picks because we traded them to Oakland.

So lack of premium picks and missing on most of the other picks caught up with us. 

9 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Gruden was also without early picks because we traded them to Oakland.

So lack of premium picks and missing on most of the other picks caught up with us. 

Here s a conspiracy theory for you.  Gruden s 3 years in GB as an assistant, Dorsey was in the scouting department.   Do they know each other?  No clue, just some interesting facts.

Damn I thought the bucs were gonna be the team to beat in the NFC South this year. Glad I was wrong.

Good luck the rest the way fellas, looks like you guys might not be out of the thick of it yet.

And get rid of that doofus you guys have at QB. I thought he came out looking like a bigger chump than Evans did after they both addressed it after the game. Evans owned up and said he screwed up. I can respect that, no harm no foul and he's big enough to admit it was a mistake. Jameis is a dope.

Anyways, see you guys on New Years Eve!

Archived