? Week Nine: Buccaneers (2-5) @ Saints (5-2)

bucsfan333

4 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Finally I can say. Shoulda taken mariota. I don't care about stats. Dude is playing smart football. 

Until this week Mariota has been terrible.... I know you're not arguing to be right, but to be honest both he and Winston have been terrible this year. And that's with John Robinson giving him a loaded o line and legitimate running game. Like you said earlier, it will be interesting to see if/when a new gm coach tandem come in (unlike the last regime this should be the order they are hired in), views Winston. Because if I'm not mistaken Phil Sims who has a hatred of the Bucs for what they did to Chris says that if he was offered Winston he would accept before the offer fully came out. 

6 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I know GM comes first, and hopefully a Senior VP to advise ownership, but here are a few HC names that are out of the box. I think one was mentioned last week.

Mike Vrabel - DC Texans

Dave Toub - Special Teams Chiefs

Yeah I've been saying this since Dominik was fired. They needed to bring in someone to run football operations to them find the next HC and GM. The glazers do not know what they're doing. 

As your coaching candidates, Vrabel is too raw for that promotion. 

Toub- yes I'm in agreemant.  

7 hours ago, SappDaddyDance said:

Until this week Mariota has been terrible.... I know you're not arguing to be right, but to be honest both he and Winston have been terrible this year. And that's with John Robinson giving him a loaded o line and legitimate running game. Like you said earlier, it will be interesting to see if/when a new gm coach tandem come in (unlike the last regime this should be the order they are hired in), views Winston. Because if I'm not mistaken Phil Sims who has a hatred of the Bucs for what they did to Chris says that if he was offered Winston he would accept before the offer fully came out. 

Hmm I've been watching these games of his and while he's not lighting up the sheets like the 1-2 punch in 2016 draft, he manages the games better. He can hit the deep ball and is more accurate than winston. 

He was better last year in terms of accuracy and game management. 

Jameis winston does not know how to manage a football game from a qb perspective. He's lost in that department. Also that crap with lattimore shows you his immaturity and later in his PC, didn't own up to his childish act. 

At some point, the rest of the team is going to find this raw raw "leadership" style of winston annoying. Why? He does an awful lot of talking for a guy who's playing like a low tier qb. 

How he played the 2nd half of last year, he was expected to make the jump. He's only declined. 

Honestly; the same conversation the jags had about Blake Bortles, Bucs have about winston.  

And it's not about the numbers. I believe it was Gil Brandt who had Mariota ranked as a top 10 qb. Winston has thrown for 300+ yards in his career in multiple games where he's collected garbage yards when they've gotten decimated. 

43 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

well, bond is still on the roster?  Any explaination why they moved Hargreaves back to slot to allow McClain to get abused?  

Hargreaves only played 27 snaps yesterday. No clue why. Especially coming off his two best games of the season.

We're such a mess of incompetence.

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Hargreaves only played 27 snaps yesterday. No clue why. Especially coming off his two best games of the season.

I missed the Saints 1st drive, so I was wondering if anything was said on the broadcast.  Incompetence is a good word.  I hope something happens today.  Cut a guy, maybe bench someone who is under performing at the very least.  However, probably will be status quo. 

3 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Yeah I've been saying this since Dominik was fired. They needed to bring in someone to run football operations to them find the next HC and GM. The glazers do not know what they're doing. 

As your coaching candidates, Vrabel is too raw for that promotion. 

Toub- yes I'm in agreemant.  

Yeah we agree. I just wonder if Vrabel would be a great HC that we'll miss out on by a year or two. 

I wonder what the chance is ownership hires someone to a Tom Coughlin type role? I think they are at least being wise with not extending Licht and it shows they aren't clueless, but would they get a league guy to advise them, or even know who to hire?

10 hours ago, SappDaddyDance said:

"Mariota manages the game better" made me chuckle

Well duh the Titans aren't 31st in rushing attempts and actually have a respectable defense.

30 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think the reason players are starting to quit. They see the coaches are not putting together competent game plans or putting players in position to succeed.

Look at Gerald, after you've been through a bunch of coaching changes every 2 years and poor hires, when do you just start turning out a new HC after you start loosing? My point is im sure it's a lot quicker seeing how he's been through this so often. "I've seen this movie before" kind of thing.

Jameis has had consistency with the OC at least, but I hope that doesn't happen with him. What we need is a strong HC and OC to come in here and tell him to sit his butt down and listen until his play warrants the talk. Seriously. That's what we need in a HC. Someone who demands respect and deserves it in how they run the team, use players, and gameplan. Easier said then done.

2 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I think the reason players are starting to quit. They see the coaches are not putting together competent game plans or putting players in position to succeed.

Look at Gerald, after you've been through a bunch of coaching changes every 2 years and poor hires, when do you just start turning out a new HC after you start loosing? My point is im sure it's a lot quicker seeing how he's been through this so often. "I've seen this movie before" kind of thing.

Jameis has had consistency with the OC at least, but I hope that doesn't happen with him. What we need is a strong HC and OC to come in here and tell him to sit his butt down and listen until his play warrants the talk. Seriously. That's what we need in a HC. Someone who demands respect and deserves it in how they run the team, use players, and gameplan. Easier said then done.

The fight yesterday showed the coaching staff has no control.  Evans did not get benched afterward.  They just can't seem to find a coaching staff who is both ahead of the curve calling plays on both sides of the ball and holding guys accountable.   Well, time to tear it down again and try again.  I really want John Dorsey.  The Glazers wanted to interview his right hand man in Chris Ballard before hiring Licht, so I have some hope.

6 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Hmm I've been watching these games of his and while he's not lighting up the sheets like the 1-2 punch in 2016 draft, he manages the games better. He can hit the deep ball and is more accurate than winston. 

He was better last year in terms of accuracy and game management. 

Jameis winston does not know how to manage a football game from a qb perspective. He's lost in that department. Also that crap with lattimore shows you his immaturity and later in his PC, didn't own up to his childish act. 

At some point, the rest of the team is going to find this raw raw "leadership" style of winston annoying. Why? He does an awful lot of talking for a guy who's playing like a low tier qb. 

How he played the 2nd half of last year, he was expected to make the jump. He's only declined. 

Honestly; the same conversation the jags had about Blake Bortles, Bucs have about winston.  

And it's not about the numbers. I believe it was Gil Brandt who had Mariota ranked as a top 10 qb. Winston has thrown for 300+ yards in his career in multiple games where he's collected garbage yards when they've gotten decimated. 

Mariota is on a better team and most important: better O-line

I just don't see where you're seeing Mariota better. Winston has more yards, better TD to INT ratio, and better rating. Not to mention their schedule has been easier. Like don't do this for an entire season like you do every year, you just make yourself look stupid.

Mariota IS NOT better than WInston. Serious question, what record do we sit at right now if Mariota was our QB? And think really really hard with the garbage O-line play and non existent run game, and defense....well that requires no intro. Also at this point you can make a case that Titans are better coached as well.

Do you seriously think that we'd be 5-3 with Mariota as our QB or something?

Interesting that Philly, Dallas, Houston,  and LA are 3rd, 2nd, 4th, and 5th in average rushing yards/gm.  The Bucs are 29th this season and 24th last season.  I just can't over state how important it is for an offense to run the ball will make the passing game so much better.  This is one of the main reasons Licht and Koetter will be gone and Jameis will be your starting QB next season.

I think running the ball goes both ways. If you're winning, you're gonna run the ball more. So you're gonna have more rushing yards.

I agree though. Running the ball helps bring balance and unpredictability to any offense. It takes a lot of pressure off your QB and keeps your defense on the sideline. But it's the cause and effect argument.

27 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think running the ball goes both ways. If you're winning, you're gonna run the ball more. So you're gonna have more rushing yards.

I agree though. Running the ball helps bring balance and unpredictability to any offense. It takes a lot of pressure off your QB and keeps your defense on the sideline. But it's the cause and effect argument.

I understand what you are writing,  but 3rd and 2 this team is passing.  Dallas same down and distance will do either.  There so confident in their ability to run, they ll go for it on 4th down.   I do believe there is a self scouting problem.  Martin looks cooked and Sims cannot run the ball, yet these two guys have been the main stays for 2 years.  

The next regime has to make the running game respectable. 

Archived