2021 Reflections, 2022 Strategies

NYRaider

13 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

How does everyone feel about CMC or Barkley going into next year?

In redraft leagues, they'll probably come cheap but are the worth the risk?

I think CMC is worth the risk. He’ll probably cost a round or so higher than Barkley honestly. WHEN HEALTHY he’s easily still a top 5 guy. You just hope for a 10% drop in usage and him avoiding serious injury.

Barkley next year will either be a top 5 value selection or an entirely wasted pick. Not sure there’s an option in between 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I think Barkley could be worth the risk, it just depends on what the Giants do this offseason. If they trade for Wilson and improve their OL he could have a huge year. If they keep things as is, I don't think he'll do much.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think Barkley could be worth the risk, it just depends on what the Giants do this offseason. If they trade for Wilson and improve their OL he could have a huge year. If they keep things as is, I don't think he'll do much.

Forgot to add this player but thoughts on Zeke going into next year? Was this year just a bad year or is his body starting to break down?

I'd like to see Pollard on a different team but I doubt that happens.

On 1/5/2022 at 8:00 AM, NcFinest9erFan said:

CMC I think will fall somewhere between pick 3-6 in most drafts. 2 straight years of injury hiccups is going to ding the value. 

I've talked about Barkley before, but without knowing what the Giants are doing moving forward (assuming that they are somewhat static), I think he's a 3rd round pick in 10 man leagues at best. I suppose you could take him in the second round in a 12 man league, but I'll be honest, I'd rather take the steady production of a very good receiver (or even TE) in that spot than gamble on Barkley getting right. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

CMC I think will fall somewhere between pick 3-6 in most drafts. 2 straight years of injury hiccups is going to ding the value. 

I've talked about Barkley before, but without knowing what the Giants are doing moving forward (assuming that they are somewhat static), I think he's a 3rd round pick in 10 man leagues at best. I suppose you could take him in the second round in a 12 man league, but I'll be honest, I'd rather take the steady production of a very good receiver (or even TE) in that spot than gamble on Barkley getting right. 

Yeah, I can't help but look at the situation that Saquon is in and see too many parallels to pre-Tampa Fournette.  He may be a quality fantasy asset that lives up to the hype someday - probably even will - but I don't like the chances of it happening in his current situation... going on his 3rd or 4th OC/system, folks clinging to production he put up exceedingly early in his pro career with a different QB under center, and then throwing in injury questions.  If he follows the same path Fournette did, his ADP will fall to somehwere around 25th-30th overall next year and for Fournette that still didn't return value.

On 1/6/2022 at 1:57 PM, Dr LBC said:

Yeah, I can't help but look at the situation that Saquon is in and see too many parallels to pre-Tampa Fournette.  He may be a quality fantasy asset that lives up to the hype someday - probably even will - but I don't like the chances of it happening in his current situation... going on his 3rd or 4th OC/system, folks clinging to production he put up exceedingly early in his pro career with a different QB under center, and then throwing in injury questions.  If he follows the same path Fournette did, his ADP will fall to somehwere around 25th-30th overall next year and for Fournette that still didn't return value.

If Russell Wilson is on the Giants next season, assuming they address the OL as well, I think that Saquan, Toney, and Golladay all get a huge boost.

• 2 months later...

After drafting Henry last year and racing off to a 4-0 start, after drafting CMC the previous year and Saquon the year before that….my observations is that it’s all completely down to luck, and that I’ll simply just draft only players that are durable. 

I will reach on a RB that plays 16 or 17 games per year. Mind you, that was Henry before this season 😶. It’s such a troll game

• Like 1