John Madden passed away

IotaNet

12 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Damn. John drove me nuts with the Favre love at times but was probably my favorite announcer. 

At least he only talked about Favre during Favre games though for the most part. Collinsworth hasn’t done a telecast in 10 years where he didn’t mention Rodgers, Brady or both. The game against GB a few weeks ago was basically just Collinsworth fellating Rodgers for 3 straight hours. 

Edited by AZBearsFan
  • Like 1

Best color commentator in history of sports IMO.

I will never forget that he said the '85 season was most fun he ever had in football.   This from guy who won SBs as a coach.    But Bears just made everything so fun that year.  

It was for me too.  

My brothers HS team won IL state title that year too at a school that very rarely wins them.   My little league FB team won our league championship and I played really well.     

That was a magical year in football for me all the way around.   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

At least he only talked about Favre during Favre games though for the most part. Collinsworth hasn’t done a telecast in 10 years where he didn’t mention Rodgers, Brady or both. The game against GB a few weeks ago was basically just Collinsworth fellating Rodgers for 3 straight hours. 

True. I wouldn't have even minded the Favre love if it was for the fact we were watching Favre kick our teeth in 9 times over the course of 5 years. Those were my football-formative years. Lol

Collinsworth is relentless in his adoration for those two. He reminds me of the token loser that the "cool guys" keep around just to make fun of in generic college movies.