Week 17 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

Just now, NoFlyZone said:

Absolutely not OPI. I agree Dallas didn’t show up early enough, but that has nothing to do with a game deciding missed call.

Absolutely OPI. Try being objective.

And yes Dallas lost this game only because they didn't show up early in the game. That's the sole reason, refs did not factor into it. 

8 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Don’t put words in my mouth (let alone call me insane… lol, nice mod status). Of course I don’t expect them to get every single call correctly, I’m not a moron. The fact of the matter is that it was a matter of debate and should have been reviewed. It was the game deciding play. Give them the benefit of the doubt and review that play. It shouldn’t have to come down to challenging and not being able to because of the game situation. 

Calling a viewpoint insane and you yourself insane are two very different things, but I see what the ultimate goal is here.

Point blank, get a coach who is competent in game management. McCarthy has these lapses more than any coach I’ve seen.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Lol. No.

It was a fumble. It should have been called a fumble and then automatically reviewed. Instead it was called wrong and everyone is acting like that’s how it should have been. Don’t be ridiculous. These games need to be officiated better.

It was close enough that it could have been called either way, and that's with the benefit of review.  Stop crying over spilled milk.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Calling a viewpoint insane and you yourself insane are two very different things, but I see what the ultimate goal is here.

Point blank, get a coach who is competent in game management. McCarthy has these lapses more than any coach I’ve seen.

Ah yes, my opinions are just insane, totally different lol. It’s cool, though. Just think the team should have gotten the benefit of the doubt for a review since it was in question… on what amounted to the game deciding play. Nothing insane or unreasonable about that.

McCarthy did not have an issue with game management in this game. Arizona was bleeding the clock… of course he had to use his time outs. You can’t just expect a team to NEVER utilize a time out before the 2 minute area. Personally I do think Arizona deserves some degree of credit for the trickery they pulled on the Dallas special teams unit. 

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

These stats (total yardage) have never been substantiated. It’s just PFF drivel. If you watch the games by no means is he giving up play after play. It’s nonsense. No way would Dallas fans be happy about his play if he was a liability out there. He gives up one play and everyone goes absolutely wild.

Edited by NoFlyZone

2 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Ah yes, my opinions are just insane, totally different lol. It’s cool, though. Just think the team should have gotten the benefit of the doubt for a review since it was in question… on what amounted to the game deciding play. Nothing insane or unreasonable about that.

McCarthy did not have an issue with game management in this game. Arizona was bleeding the clock… of course he had to use his time outs. You can’t just expect a team to NEVER utilize a time out before the 2 minute area. Personally I do think Arizona deserves some degree of credit for the trickery they pulled on the Dallas special teams unit. 

I can't tell you how to feel.

The post clearly said "You expecting refs to get every call correct in real time is legitimately insane". We're making some big leaps this evening, huh?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

Ah yes, good point. 

To think it crazy that a game deciding play should be reviewed when the result of the play was in doubt. 

You were the one arguing that the Cowboys were a better team because they beat teams more decisively.  Not me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It was close enough that it could have been called either way, and that's with the benefit of review.  Stop crying over spilled milk.

What’s spilled milk to you was the most important play in the game. It was kind of a big deal. You can call it close — that’s fine. Still should have been looked at. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I can't tell you how to feel.

The post clearly said "You expecting refs to get every call correct in real time is legitimately insane". We're making some big leaps this evening, huh?

I mean, I could literally just copy and paste my response. It’s cool. 

2 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

What’s spilled milk to you was the most important play in the game. It was kind of a big deal. You can call it close — that’s fine. Still should have been looked at. 

I mean, great teams don't lose so...

• Like 1