BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

If someone like Tutu Atwell gained weight, I’m all for it. Rotoworld posted Darnell Mooney bulked up to 183 pounds. Under 175 pounds at WR is usually fine and recommendable for me if he wants to gain weight.

This is sort of what I'm saying. Tutu Atwell is 5'9. Either you're built to carry close to 200 lbs like Darren Sproles or you're not. DeSean Jackson is a guy who was never built to gain more weight, and he was what he was. A WR coming into the league at 210 lbs, and in two years is supposedly almost 230 lbs just seems unnecessary to me.

• Like 5

I love the plight of Orlando Brown. Drafted by the Ravens to play RT, does pretty well. Forced to play LT, does pretty well.

Asks to go somewhere he can continue to play there on the left side because that's his preferred spot, Chiefs acquire him. Contract is coming up, wants to be paid like a LT but the Chiefs would like to pay him "on par with top tier RTs".

You can't trade for the guy who wants to play LT, play him there, then decide to pay him RT money. The fact that there is a difference still baffles me, but until its equal I gotta side with the players here.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

I love the plight of Orlando Brown. Drafted by the Ravens to play RT, does pretty well. Forced to play LT, does pretty well.

Asks to go somewhere he can continue to play there on the left side because that's his preferred spot, Chiefs acquire him. Contract is coming up, wants to be paid like a LT but the Chiefs would like to pay him "on par with top tier RTs".

You can't trade for the guy who wants to play LT, play him there, then decide to pay him RT money. The fact that there is a difference still baffles me, but until its equal I gotta side with the players here.

I think the comparison KC was trying to pay him as a Top RT, is because he had done it before.    Think it’s more we are trying to pay him like a Top 10ish LT, which is what he is.     I don’t blame him for wanting more,   But for sure don’t want to be paying him as a Top 3 LT.  He’s pretty good,  but definitely not an elite guy like he thinks.   Don’t really blame either side in this case,  Brown can likely get a better contract on the open market,  but he’s not worth what he wants.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedGold said:

I think the comparison KC was trying to pay him as a Top RT, is because he had done it before.    Think it’s more we are trying to pay him like a Top 10ish LT, which is what he is.     I don’t blame him for wanting more,   But for sure don’t want to be paying him as a Top 3 LT.  He’s pretty good,  but definitely not an elite guy like he thinks.   Don’t really blame either side in this case,  Brown can likely get a better contract on the open market,  but he’s not worth what he wants.   

233034b9-4008-4067-a940-6324d392b634_480