BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

8 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

If you can't even hype other players, are you really any good at hyping?

It doesn’t matter if I’m good at it. I just do it at sheer volume that you will all subconsciously believe all my players are good when you vote. 

first I dominate BDL and then the world

Fox Tv Fire GIF by Bob's Burgers

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I can think of a couple guys who came on after a story like that, but usually it's a kiss of death.

Depends how the weight is carried too. Age of player as well. Azeez packed on 10 pounds of muscle but he  has the frame to do so considering what he weighed before. Plus he just turned 22 less than a month ago. 

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

Brian Burns definitely had to gain weight upon being drafted. It worked out for him.

The one that I always like to reference is Trent Cole.

At the Combine was 236. When he stopped playing he was at 270.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MD4L said:

Brian Burns definitely had to gain weight upon being drafted. It worked out for him.

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

The one that I always like to reference is Trent Cole.

At the Combine was 236. When he stopped playing he was at 270.

These are different things than what I'm talking about, but go off fellas.

edit: Brian Burns weighed in at the combine at 249 lbs. He's now listed at 250.  That's going to 5 Guys and not finishing the meal worth of weight gain.

Edited by Jlash
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

These are different things than what I'm talking about, but go off fellas.

edit: Brian Burns weighed in at the combine at 249 lbs. He's now listed at 250.  That's going to 5 Guys and not finishing the meal worth of weight gain.

His playing weight at FSU was 225-230. He gained that weight during combine and obviously has played at that weight.

I do agree with your mindset for skill guys though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

I do agree with your mindset for skill guys though.

It's almost always a RB or a WR when you see those blurbs about rapid, one offseason weight gain, to help with "wear and tear" and from everything I can remember it usually turns into a lackluster affair. Followed by next seasons "player X is now in the best shape of their career". 

Now with Davis, the initial headline makes it seem like he gained almost 20 lbs of muscle and that to me is a red flag. But if he indeed did play last year around 220, then it's not that big of an issue.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jlash said:

It's almost always a RB or a WR when you see those blurbs about rapid, one offseason weight gain, to help with "wear and tear" and from everything I can remember it usually turns into a lackluster affair. Followed by next seasons "player X is now in the best shape of their career". 

Now with Davis, the initial headline makes it seem like he gained almost 20 lbs of muscle and that to me is a red flag. But if he indeed did play last year around 220, then it's not that big of an issue.

Not to side track but my personal experience with skill position gaining weight is Terrelle Pryor and Kelvin Benjamin. Benjamin got drafted at 240 pounds and had a public weight thing. He ran 4.61 at 240 pounds and I always wonder what he could’ve done at 220-225 pounds.

If someone like Tutu Atwell gained weight, I’m all for it. Rotoworld posted Darnell Mooney bulked up to 183 pounds. Under 175 pounds at WR is usually fine and recommendable for me if he wants to gain weight.

Edited by MD4L
Spelling*

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Not to side track but my personal experience with skill position gaining weight is Terrelle Pryor and Kelvin Benjamin. Benjamin got drafted at 240 pounds and had a public weight thing. He ran 4.61 at 240 pounds and I always wonder what he could’ve done at 220-225 pounds.

If someone like Tutu Atwell gained weight, I’m all for it. Rotoworld posted Darnell Mooney bulked up to 183 pounds. Under 175 pounds at WR is usually fine and recommendable for me if he wants to gain weight.

Raleigh Firebird legend Tutu Atwell?