BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

54 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

This really hurts to type this. It’s with a heavy heart that I have to step down from BDL. I wanted to say thank you guys for all the good times throughout my time in this league. I was looking forward to continuing to build a young power house. I have some family responsibilities that I need to dedicate more time to and I have been not doing my best in many aspects of that. I really appreciate you all. I will be around from time to time to talk draft or whatever you wanna talk about. Maybe even throw some voting in there from time to time or if I’m needed for an emergency gameplan if I’m available I could maybe help out. I am giving my team to @The Orca. Orca don’t go trading away all my studs! Hope the league is okay with that decision don’t see how it would be an issue. Again thank you all for the role you played in my life for these past years. 

I’m not ok with it! Anthony Anderson Reaction GIF

Hope things turn around for you. As much crap as we give each other, you are one of my favorite posters to shoot the ish with. 

@The Orca trade me Devonta you coward. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

This really hurts to type this. It’s with a heavy heart that I have to step down from BDL. I wanted to say thank you guys for all the good times throughout my time in this league. I was looking forward to continuing to build a young power house. I have some family responsibilities that I need to dedicate more time to and I have been not doing my best in many aspects of that. I really appreciate you all. I will be around from time to time to talk draft or whatever you wanna talk about. Maybe even throw some voting in there from time to time or if I’m needed for an emergency gameplan if I’m available I could maybe help out. I am giving my team to @The Orca. Orca don’t go trading away all my studs! Hope the league is okay with that decision don’t see how it would be an issue. Again thank you all for the role you played in my life for these past years. 

I can't in good conscience like a post that hurts me so much. 

But you're my boy and I hope you're good.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I’m not ok with it! Anthony Anderson Reaction GIF

Hope things turn around for you. As much crap as we give each other, you are one of my favorite posters to shoot the ish with. 

@The Orca trade me Devonta you coward. 

Is that some OG? Something could be worked out 

😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

It hurts to see this but I understand.  Hope things work out in the best possible manner and you find yourself able to return in a season or so in some fashion.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

They can trade in NSFL and they actually haven’t there is a committee for a reason shouldn’t be a problem

I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed necessarily.  If the 'acknowledgment' is simply make sure they're legit Trades, I can get behind that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed necessarily.  If the 'acknowledgment' is simply make sure they're legit Trades, I can get behind that.

Personally, I can't wait to see their gameplans against each other.

3 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

I saw rumors of this on Twitter but never thought it would happen. 

The great @Scoundrel stepping down will be good for him and allow to recharge his batteries and enjoy much needed time with family and friends.  

I have no doubt that Scoundrel will be hired back in the BDL after a year or two away from this wonderful league (its all to great to step away for good lol).

It does bring me some joy to see @The Orca back in the league after he himself stepped away for the last 2 seasons.  

As a note to the league, Antarctica will be rebranding and moving in the coming weeks to cut all ties with former coaches

Make sure to pop in during the season and draft scoundrel, as we need you to bring the fun into this league even if you don't own a team 

school-of-rock-jack-black.gif

Edited by Pickle Rick
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

You make me sad, sir. But I'm glad you're spending more time on your family, that's more important than us.

• Like 2