BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

29 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Someone explain the mobile issue to me? Is this a mode you choose? Because I always only use my mobile phone for this site and I don’t have an issue.

Basically you can't reply in thread , click the notification button in the upper right or send dms about 75-80% of the time. All you can do is read posts.  I think it depends on what ads roll around 

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

Basically you can't reply in thread , click the notification button in the upper right or send dms about 75-80% of the time. All you can do is read posts.  I think it depends on what ads roll around 

Weird I don’t have that issue at all. Unless the site is down for everyone of course and I can access anything at all. 

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

There has got to be a time period I feel of him knowing about the “unsanctioned commercial business” and when he can act on it I would think in regards to ending the lease. If you can prove he knew about it that is. I could be wrong but I’m sure lawyer @Ragnarok would know more.

Hypo: Your lease contract says you have to pay rent by the 5th of the month.  You've been paying on the 15th for 6 straight months and your landlord has never said a thing.  He can't try to evict you for late payment with no warning as his continued acceptance has indicated a waiver of that aspect.  Now, he can come to you and let you know he won't accept late payment anymore and then you would have to start making payments on time.

Thats generally how it works in most states.  

That said, I dont know if it would apply here.  Landlord can claim he just realized what was going on and he has the contract on his side.

Odds are, unless Pete and family have proof in writing that the landlord sanctioned the commercial business, they're out of luck.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Someone explain the mobile issue to me? Is this a mode you choose? Because I always only use my mobile phone for this site and I don’t have an issue.

12 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Website works fine if you turn off your wifi.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Hypo: Your lease contract says you have to pay rent by the 5th of the month.  You've been paying on the 15th for 6 straight months and your landlord has never said a thing.  He can't try to evict you for late payment with no warning as his continued acceptance has indicated a waiver of that aspect.  Now, he can come to you and let you know he won't accept late payment anymore and then you would have to start making payments on time.

That said, I dont know if it would apply here.  Landlord can claim he just realized what was going on and he has the contract on his side.

Odds are, unless Pete and family have proof in writing that the landlord sanctioned the commercial business, they're out of luck.

What if he they had receipt or proof he purchased something from them in the past? From the unsanctioned business? I don’t know if this is the case just asking would that count as proof?

14 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Adblock? I’ve never had any issues on this site on mobile nor have I seen ads 

16 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Not going to find any “proof”. I am 90% sure he has us bent over a table. I really just want to find out if there is a way to get our security deposit back

38 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Not going to find any “proof”. I am 90% sure he has us bent over a table. I really just want to find out if there is a way to get our security deposit back

If you're in PA, he had to have placed any security deposit over $100 into an escrow account and would have to give you an itemized list for any deductions.

• Like 1