BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Agreed.  I think part of the issue, and this goes for most OSU QB is that their o lines are generally so dominant for the majority of the season that they get used to having all day to throw

No question their OL combined with typically elite WR/RB make OSU QB's very hard to evaluate. It's essentially the same argument I've always had with Alabama QBs. Granted, only 3 OSU QB's have ever gone 1st Round and one of them was imprisoned for gambling so he doesn't really count.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Discuss among yourselves.

So apparently Justin Herbert is still Top 5 on this list eh? Kyler Murray is 7th and Russell Wilson is 8th with Dak 9th and Burrow, Jalen Hurts, and Matthew Stafford all outside the Top 10. This list is garbage.

Also some real hate for my guy Jacoby Brissett below Daniel Jones, Geno Smith, and Trey Lantz.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

No question their OL combined with typically elite WR/RB make OSU QB's very hard to evaluate. It's essentially the same argument I've always had with Alabama QBs. Granted, only 3 OSU QB's have ever gone 1st Round and one of them was imprisoned for gambling so he doesn't really count.

Wherever they actually end up getting drafted, the infuriating part is how hyped they are pre-draft by people who absolutely should know better.

The annual hype machine of draft prospects being The Greatest Thing Ever gets grating pretty quickly. It’s enough to just point out what a guy does well, you don’t need to act like they’re the best to ever play or will be a guaranteed superstar.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Wherever they actually end up getting drafted, the infuriating part is how hyped they are pre-draft by people who absolutely should know better.

Outside of Dwayne Haskins, who was the last Ohio State QB before him to be hyped as a potential prospect in the NFL? Maybe Troy Smith post 2006 Heisman? Terrell Pryor as a WR in the supplemental draft? And before Smith, who was that? Maybe Bobby Hoying back in 1995?

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

The annual hype machine of draft prospects being The Greatest Thing Ever gets grating pretty quickly. It’s enough to just point out what a guy does well, you don’t need to act like they’re the best to ever play or will be a guaranteed superstar.

On an unrelated note, I want to congratulate you and Notre Dame on Saturday's win at UNC. I was worried for a second that there wouldn't be a game and that the Notre Dame team bus wouldn't be able to get past Huntington, West Virginia since Marshall University is located there.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 2

Just now, MWil23 said:

Outside of Dwayne Haskins, who was the last Ohio State QB before him to be hyped as a potential prospect in the NFL? Maybe Troy Smith post 2006 Heisman? Terrell Pryor as a WR in the supplemental draft? And before Smith, who was that? Maybe Bobby Hoying back in 1995?

On an unrelated note, I want to congratulate you and Notre Dame on Saturday's win at UNC. I was worried for a second that there wouldn't be a game and that the Notre Dame team bus wouldn't be able to get past Huntington, West Virginia since Marshall University is located there.

There were tons of people saying Cardale Jones should declare after OSU won the national title as a 4 seed in the playoff.

Harsh but fair.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blue said:

There were tons of people saying Cardale Jones should declare after OSU won the national title as a 4 seed in the playoff.

I still maintain that he should have and if he did, he would go in the Top 2 Rounds when his stock was high. We've seen NFL teams make infinitely as bad of decisions there. That doesn't mean most thought he would succeed, but rather that it was his best chance to parlay it into a payday.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Harsh but fair.

I always have to be careful making fun of Notre Dame because the last time I spent 1-2 years bashing one of their QB's as a prospect the Browns traded back into the 1st Round in 2007 to get him.

77557.original-8607.jpg?rect=0,0,300,300

At least he looked handsome I guess

• Like 1

Obviously I could not have predicted that but I don't  Regret the trade,  My main reason for doing the trade to begin with cab space The added bonus was defensive line depth.  He is on a 2 year contract so if he ends up being out for the rest of the season well hopefully he comes back stronger next season

Edited by wwhickok