BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Speaking of passive aggressive, I don't know what a certain comment was about this morning but here is what I have to say, You either have a problem with people getting free victories or you don't. There is no in between, I am not here to tell you how you should feel.

What I will say is if you're going to complain abouthink to complain about it or if you're not communicating about it but think it is a problem come up with a solution or Sit down. 

Val Kilmer Film GIF

LOL

We talking about bdl voting on a match up where one submitted a game plan and their opponent submitted nothing?

Seems like a no brainer to me.  Considering voting is based on the depth chart and game plan for the week.  

I don't recall anyone voting on match ups in favor of the team that didn't submit a game plan in the past.  Is this a thing now?

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Val Kilmer Film GIF

LOL

We talking about bdl voting on a match up where one submitted a game plan and their opponent submitted nothing?

Seems like a no brainer to me.  Considering voting is based on the depth chart and game plan for the week.  

I don't recall anyone voting on match ups in favor of the team that didn't submit a game plan in the past.  Is this a thing now?

Val Kilmer Reaction GIF

17 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I didn't submit a gameplan.  I then voted for my team.  Didn't realize that would stir the pot so much.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I think it's prob making a simple concept more than complicated due to to the IR claims

No worries.  Thought because you guys were talking about it earlier that people didn't want to mess with it because it was difficult to track it.  Sounds like you've got a system that works.  

10 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

No worries.  Thought because you guys were talking about it earlier that people didn't want to mess with it because it was difficult to track it.  Sounds like you've got a system that works.  

It's gwnerallt easy to use some on my end but people keep chanting their claim pastry deadline 

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

I think that arguing in BDL ultimately amounts to the same results as trying to piss into the wind, so I tend to try and stay away from bringing anything up. But there are certain things that go unsaid yet can be seen on display on a regular basis.

There's a lot of nuance that I just don't have the time during my workday to get into, but I will say that, regardless of how much you might feel someone copy pasted their format and leveraged parts of prior gameplans, seeing that effort result in the same lopsided score as the ones who didn't submit anything, and then seeing owners flat-out state they would not punish those fully, could be perceived as incentivizing not submitting a gameplan vs getting murdered over one that does get submitted.

Two games finished 12-1. One of those teams is missing their entire submission. The other is missing all of 2 starters from their week 1 roster lineup - an OT that the team has tried to account for every single time, and the second safety that has been a weekly rotational spot since week 1. So far that single OT apparently has the capability of crippling not only the passing game, but the entire offense, but more impressively, it's completely discounted the defense. Oh, I'm aware of Rodgers and how he's not playing up to MVP levels, but it's more glaring seeing the results now than it was under Tannehill. And while I fully support a fully active league, the way certain owners have manuevered their actions speaks more than any post could say.

I probably should have kept quiet this morning, but I felt like poking back at what was, from my team's perspective, blatent gamesmanship to try and manuever what the perspective playoff field would look like over the course of not a single week but season.

OK so 1st of all I think it's very important that I tell you that I do appreciate you're taking the time to actually actually tell people what you are feeling. I would also like to add that there are teams winning games with worse rosters by far than yours messing at safety in the tackle.

There's also at least 3 people on a consistent basis don't even bother to provide an explanation for their vote. This leads me to 3 possible conclusions.

1)  You can't leave an explanation for a vote on a game because you did not read the game plans. 

2)  You are voting based on who you need to win/lose based on the standings and your ability to make the playoffs.

3)  You actually have a legitimate reason but are too lazy to share it with everyone and a simple one sentence explanation of that team is better or a team name isn't really an explanation at all.

I suppose there is another possibility and that is That you are not capable of forming an intelligent thought.  I'm not sure that applies but anyone here.

Now as far as the free win issue and a solution;  That part is simple;  In the next  Owners meeting a proposal is going to be made to change the order of tiebreakers to head to head strength of schedule strength of victory and then vote count. 

It is my belief that everybody needs to do the right thing andvolved in favor of this change. Free wins will cease to have a benefit, Free winds become become a detriment to your standing standing instead of a benefit. Decisive wins in competitive games would benefit you via this change.

Lastly this is not fantasy football you are PPR score does not make a difference.

I'm not telling anybody how they should or should not vote but I am  Suggesting that perhaps tperhaps the application of logic based on the rosters that actually exist in this league this league wouldn't be such a terrible thing. That is all I have to say thank you for your time

Edited by wwhickok