BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

You gonna go with Mac Jones or Davis Mills!?!?!?

no, it's Lawrence.

Honestly, it's not that hot of a take. Among the other 2nd year QBs:

- Trey Lance played a game and a half before getting hurt

- Mac Jones got hurt and, frankly, is dealing with horrendous coaching and talent around him

- Zach Wilson is bad and always has been

- Davis Mills is bad and always has been

Real stiff competition there. Again, I'm not rooting against Fields, I feel kinda bad for him that he clearly has talent and the team has made zero commitment to trying to develop him. But if he's among the better 2nd year QBs, it's because his competition is horrible.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

no, it's Lawrence.

Honestly, it's not that hot of a take. Among the other 2nd year QBs:

- Trey Lance played a game and a half before getting hurt

- Mac Jones got hurt and, frankly, is dealing with horrendous coaching and talent around him

- Zach Wilson is bad and always has been

- Davis Mills is bad and always has been

Real stiff competition there. Again, I'm not rooting against Fields, I feel kinda bad for him that he clearly has talent and the team has made zero commitment to trying to develop him. But if he's among the better 2nd year QBs, it's because his competition is horrible.

Well aware. I just wanted to get you while I can.

Lawrence was in his own drivers seat first few weeks. But Fields last two games and the Jaguars as a team in the last month have made it worth having a convo about.

And I’d go for Fields at this moment in time.

21 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Well aware. I just wanted to get you while I can.

Lawrence was in his own drivers seat first few weeks. But Fields last two games and the Jaguars as a team in the last month have made it worth having a convo about.

And I’d go for Fields at this moment in time.

It depends on how the coaching staff calls games going forward. No doubt the last two games moving the pocket with rollouts and bootlegs and RPO's is important, but they need to keep doing it. Aside from that, they keep draining the tank as far as any talent on defense (aside from BDL stud Brisker) so he's gonna be playing from behind each week which doesn't lend to the play style I just spoke of.

• Like 1