BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

10 minutes ago, RedGold said:

I'm not here for it.

but good work, that takes a lot of time regardless if people agree/disagree.

Hey man, I'm pretty up-front that this is just my opinion. You're genuinely welcome to disagree and I'll happily and respectfully explain my reasoning.

Figure if we're gonna talk about "this is the worst X unit in BDL" I should at least show my work.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Oooh, I thought he was out another week. At a glance, probably up to 10. Rome does have a pretty deep stable of edge rushers even if I don't think the starters are as good as their numbers.

There was a lot of talk about him potentially even coming back against the Eagles two weeks ago. But ultimately I think they decided not to since we had the bye this past week, but it sounds like he will be back on Sunday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm envisioning a proportional vault upwards akin to me getting T. White back healthy at CB. 

Eh, a bit less. I'd put us around 10th with a healthy White. Jack Jones has been awesome but still only has one start. Steven Nelson is quietly playing really well in Houston now tho.

Just now, Whicker said:

Worst offense in BDL. Ouch. 

Well, Jake Matthews isn't playing great at tackle, you don't technically have a center, and the QB situation is brutal for reasons utterly beyond your control. I might have been harsh at running back but your best player there is a system player imo.

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

Oh I 100% agree Brown and Quinnen are better than my starters, but you don't have much behind them. Again, rankings would be quite different if I was only looking at starters.

At Edge, you would be higher if I didn't expect Browning to still be out. We all know you think the world of Juan Thornhill, an opinion most of us do not share. Winfield's status is a little up in the air right now as well, although I leaned towards him playing this week.

Fair enough.  We disagree on Thornhill, and I definitely disagree with the 'most of us do not share'.  Like @RedGold said, he's not an in the box guy, but he's been very very good as a deep zone pass defending FS which is how I use him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Fair enough.  We disagree on Thornhill, and I definitely disagree with the 'most of us do not share'.  Like @RedGold said, he's not an in the box guy, but he's been very very good as a deep zone pass defending FS which is how I use him. 

Safety was tough to rank. A lot of guys aren't used here like they are IRL, both for better and for worse. For example, I'm not a Chuck Clark fan at all, but he's much better in the box and moving downhill than in coverage and it seems like Baltimore has been using him as more of the latter this season.

Edited by Blue

Just now, Blue said:

Safety was tough to rank. A lot of guys aren't used here like they are IRL, both for better and for worse. I'm not a Chuck Clark fan at all, but he's much better in the box and moving downhill than in coverage and it seems like Baltimore has been using him as more of the latter this season.

There is a reason I use Thornhill and Tremaine the way I do every week.  Its how they're used IRL this year and they've been very good at it.

Now, if I started putting either on a top TE in man coverage, I deserve to autolose.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

Well, Jake Matthews isn't playing great at tackle, you don't technically have a center, and the QB situation is brutal for reasons utterly beyond your control. I might have been harsh at running back but your best player there is a system player imo.

I can’t argue with any of that so 🥲