BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

30 minutes ago, rackcs said:

In other news, just dropped my newest NFL mock in the mock draft forum. Feel free to go check it out and leave a comment.

I'll believe Bryce Young is the #1 pick when I see it to be honest. His pocket presence is horrendous. As an OSU fan, I don't personally see Paris Johnson as a Top 10 caliber pick.

That said, I think this is kind of a weak draft class. I think Anderson is your clear cut best player (not saying he will go #1 because typically that's a QB), and I like Jalen Carter, I like Quentin Johnston as a late 1st/early 2nd type guy in most drafts, and I think Porter Jr. could very well end up being moved to S ala Malcolm Jenkins due to his physical ability and best assets being his physicality and tackling, with Addison being my personal favorite WR and JSN really hasn't done anything this year due to injury, so he's hard to gauge.

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'll believe Bryce Young is the #1 pick when I see it to be honest. His pocket presence is horrendous. As an OSU fan, I don't personally see Paris Johnson as a Top 10 caliber pick.

That said, I think this is kind of a weak draft class. I think Anderson is your clear cut best player (not saying he will go #1 because typically that's a QB), and I like Jalen Carter, I like Quentin Johnston as a late 1st/early 2nd type guy in most drafts, and I think Porter Jr. could very well end up being moved to S ala Malcolm Jenkins due to his physical ability and best assets being his physicality and tackling, with Addison being my personal favorite WR and JSN really hasn't done anything this year due to injury, so he's hard to gauge.

I have Stroud over Young personally but I've heard that despite his size, NFL teams are higher on Young because of intangible stuff. Time will tell on those two those. As for Johnson, I have him a bit lower as well but it just felt like a very Steelers pick to me. 

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I have Stroud over Young personally but I've heard that despite his size, NFL teams are higher on Young because of intangible stuff. Time will tell on those two those. As for Johnson, I have him a bit lower as well but it just felt like a very Steelers pick to me. 

Assuming I keep the #1 pick in BDL, expect me to flip-flop between Stroud and Bryce worse than a sophomore trying to decide on a prom dress.

• Like 2

Just now, rackcs said:

I have Stroud over Young personally but I've heard that despite his size, NFL teams are higher on Young because of intangible stuff. Time will tell on those two those.

IMO Stroud is a guy who needs a clean pocket when he's young to then develop. You see the accuracy and arm strength to go with an NFL passing system, but he's not a great athlete and he'll need to work some on his eye manipulation and navigating more off platform throws.

Maybe I'm wrong on Young. I just don't see it.

Just now, rackcs said:

As for Johnson, I have him a bit lower as well but it just felt like a very Steelers pick to me. 

He is decent in pass pro, albeit not last year against Hutchinson, which really soured me on him to go with what I feel is a subpar run blocking game/skill.

My favorite/the best OSU prospects are all sophomores, like Marvin Harrison Jr, J.T. Tuimoloau, (probably Jack Sawyer post 2022).

My favorite D2 or later pick (Probably early-ish Day 3) is Tommy Eichenberg. He's super cerebral, a sure tackler, and a good sized kid at 6'2 and 235-240. He's got solid lateral ability and holds up okay at the point of attack. He's not/doesn't look to be a great athlete, but I think he can carve out a niche as an NFL caliber starter.

JMHO

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Assuming I keep the #1 pick in BDL, expect me to flip-flop between Stroud and Bryce worse than a sophomore trying to decide on a prom dress.

...should we tell Rags that only Juniors and Seniors are able to go to prom unless they're dating an upper classman?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

...should we tell Rags that only Juniors and Seniors are able to go to prom unless they're dating an upper classman?

I'm aware.  So its a sophomore girl trying to find the dress that'll impress her senior date.

Therefore, even worse than usual.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I think that you need to stop with the veiled passive aggressive references about how people are cheating or not voting for the right reasons or want to see one owner over another in.

We all have subjective views on players and strategies which I believe determines the vast, vast majority of votes.

This type of comment does nothing except undermine the league and the fun we are trying to have.

The one thing we know though is that people avoid voting on Cancun and DV games because they don't want to hear it. And when people do vote they usually don't say why. Last week.... 10 votes vs like 16 in others.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Teams Locked into the playoffs

Camden
Anchorage
Rome
Flint
Death Valley
Cancun

Teams atill in the Hunt (Listed from the most likely to unlikely to make it in)

Ivory Coast
Cuba
Greenland
Lancaster
Singapore

Teams Eliminated

Berlin
Gotham
Hungary
Seoul
Raleigh

Only 4 are locked, but it's essentially 6. And lol but Lancaster is ahead of Greenland. I don't think you realize how the standings work. Greenland is essentially out.

1 minute ago, LAOJoe said:

The one thing we know though is that people avoid voting on Cancun and DV games because they don't want to hear it. And when people do vote they usually don't say why. Last week.... 10 votes vs like 16 in others.

I don't think that's the case at all. MWil can vote in other matchups but not ours; that's one reason for the point difference. There are a couple owners who have voted only in their own matchups several times.

• Like 1