BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Side note from all of the playoff talking, I'll be posting the BDL awards later this week after our final game. If anyone has idea for new categories, I may or may not decide to add them this year. Here are the current award categories:

Best Executive
Best Coach
Best Draft Class
Best Waiver Claim
MVP
Offensive Player of the Year
Defensive Player of the Year
Offensive Rookie of the Year
Defensive Rookie of the Year
Comeback Player of the Year
Breakout Player of the Year

9 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Side note from all of the playoff talking, I'll be posting the BDL awards later this week after our final game. If anyone has idea for new categories, I may or may not decide to add them this year. Here are the current award categories:

Best Draft Class

If anyone can beat Gotham, good luck!

15 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Best Executive
Best Coach
Best Draft Class
Best Waiver Claim
MVP

Berlin should sweep these.

30 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Best Executive
Best Coach
Best Draft Class
Best Waiver Claim
MVP

Most times told  any variation of "Good point", "You're right", or "I was wrong" by @Blue

Funniest Owner

Most likely to have a meltdown

Least likely to use italics

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Are you guys doing an owners meeting this year?  I'd like to propose adding a practice squad or a system that allows teams a little more flexibility to add players to the roster.  I know our team struggled due to injury and I just read that @Ragnarok had the same issues this week.

Thats why we have waivers.  I just happened to get annihilated at one position group.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Thats why we have waivers.  I just happened to get annihilated at one position group.

Us too.  Waivers doesn't really resolve the issue.  It shouldn't be this hard to field a starting line up.

If there is an owners meeting I'd at least like to propose the idea.

3 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Us too.  Waivers doesn't really resolve the issue.  It shouldn't be this hard to field a starting line up.

Understood. You always have one waiver claim a week and if a guy goes on IR you get a second.  Most of the time this will suffice as long as you haven't put yourself in cap hell 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I think it's mostly a unique issue this year due to the shrinking cap we had leading to depth issues across the league. Ina normal year, it's just important to invest in depth for the team for stuff like this or just hope you get lucky. I don't think it's been this bad in year's past.

• Like 1