BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

7 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Before the site times out again, good game @RuskieTitan and @ny92mike. Good luck going forward. 

Seriously, the timeouts have been total nonsense. I'm going to have to delay my gameplan out of sheer frustration of retyping.

7 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

FWIW, none of my beef extends to MWil. He has had a multitude of opportunities to simply "legally" vote stack to get certain results and he has never done so.

I am probably in the minority here, but I'd be all for simulations going forward. I realize that negates 90% of my value as a "co-owner", but I think voting and gameplans have become super frustrating.

I know that I've shared in some sentiments as well, gotten defensive, accused others of skewing the votelines, etc.

Perhaps some of it's valid and perhaps some of it's unfounded. 

I hope everything is good my man. You've been a fantastic addition to the league and I hope everything works out IRL as well as here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Good game, shame about Stafford's injury, would have liked to see our squads at full strength.

I think I was better off with Fields at this point, but with all the other injuries I knew it was a tall task against your roster. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Interesting group of RFA's I have coming up.

Gabe Davis
Jonah Williams
Harrison Bryant (I expect Blue to bid here)
Josh Uche
L'Jarius Sneed

70/664/7 is a perfectly fine stat line for a season from a No. 2 tight end.

• Like 1

I'm going to make a proposal for the owner's meeting.  That we move to blind voting.  If someone wants to explain their vote, they can.  If they want to simply point out something they liked/disliked for each team's write up(which I would probably do), they can.  if they simply want to say they voted, they can.

The reason is that I think it's what needed to keep this league going.  The past couple seasons we have gotten more and more combative with voting.  Keeping track of who votes for who how often, accusations of punitive voting, accusations of voting for personal gain, etc.  We have had and continue to have owners quitting at a higher rate than ever mostly due to this and it has taken away a lot of the fun of the league. 

The offseason/teambuilding is a blast.  Writing/gameplanning is also a ton of fun if a little time consuming.  I personally enjoy reading other people's gameplans and seeing how they value players and how they scheme.  The thing dragging this league down is what happens after a vote is made and the accusations which fly around on the forum and in chats.

Now, there are some votes where I disagree with the reasoning/justification.  However, those are few and far between compared to the number of accusations made and the fights it causes.

A sim would resolve this, but would also probably be the end of the league.  I think blind voting would be the best way to keep the aspects we all enjoy while mitigating the thing that, if not taken care of soon, is probably going to cause BDL to fold.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I'm going to make a proposal for the owner's meeting.  That we move to blind voting.  If someone wants to explain their vote, they can.  If they want to simply point out something they liked/disliked for each team's write up(which I would probably do), they can.  if they simply want to say they voted, they can.

The reason is that I think it's what needed to keep this league going.  The past couple seasons we have gotten more and more combative with voting.  Keeping track of who votes for who how often, accusations of punitive voting, accusations of voting for personal gain, etc.  We have had and continue to have owners quitting at a higher rate than ever mostly due to this and it has taken away a lot of the fun of the league. 

The offseason/teambuilding is a blast.  Writing/gameplanning is also a ton of fun if a little time consuming.  I personally enjoy reading other people's gameplans and seeing how they value players and how they scheme.  The thing dragging this league down is what happens after a vote is made and the accusations which fly around on the forum and in chats.

Now, there are some votes where I disagree with the reasoning/justification.  However, those are few and far between compared to the number of accusations made and the fights it causes.

A sim would resolve this, but would also probably be the end of the league.  I think blind voting would be the best way to keep the aspects we all enjoy while mitigating the thing that, if not taken care of soon, is probably going to cause BDL to fold.

I'm gonna be heavily against this proposal.  Too many shaninigans like making fake accounts can come into play

• Like 1