BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

5 minutes ago, Whicker said:

So apparently being from Oklahoma and never lived in another state, I’m not allowed to be an NFL fan. Good to know 

Correction: You’re allowed to be a fan of a good team. Misery loves company.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Whicker said:

So apparently being from Oklahoma and never lived in another state, I’m not allowed to be an NFL fan. Good to know 

10 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Correction: You’re allowed to be a fan of a good team. Misery loves company.

Yea it's the exact opposite, you can choose whoever.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Being from a state without a team gives you the ability to like a certain team within your geographic sphere of influence...or you can just choose whatever team your biggest role model chose. That's how it works.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Lol Buffalo got Joe Brady.

So when Dorsey leaves in 2023, they’ve got a new OC immediately. So that presumably puts Brady in line to be a future HC by 2024.

It sounded like a couple days ago him going to Chicago as the QB coach was a done deal. 

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

It sounded like a couple days ago him going to Chicago as the QB coach was a done deal. 

Although there’s definite excitement with Justin Fields, I can’t blame him for wanting to work with Josh Allen a little more.

Just now, MD4L said:

Although there’s definite excitement with Justin Fields, I can’t blame him for wanting to work with Josh Allen a little more.

No doubt. It didn't really even sound like he had options though. Things change quickly.

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Being from a state without a team gives you the ability to like a certain team within your geographic sphere of influence...or you can just choose whatever team your biggest role model chose. That's how it works.

Alright I guess I’ll just have to choose Kansas City. How terrible. 

I’ve always been more of a fan of players and the game itself rather than teams. I probably should be a Cowboys fan but my dad and grandfather loved them a little too much and turned me off to it 

Denver Broncos are for sale though! Oklahoma City Broncos let’s go!!! I’ve unfortunately had to give up on my Oklahoma City Chargers dream 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

Alright I guess I’ll just have to choose Kansas City. How terrible. 

I’ve always been more of a fan of players and the game itself rather than teams. I probably should be a Cowboys fan but my dad and grandfather loved them a little too much and turned me off to it 

Denver Broncos are for sale though! Oklahoma City Broncos let’s go!!! I’ve unfortunately had to give up on my Oklahoma City Chargers dream 

My post misstated. You can’t root for a good team. Or else the haters come out. Hence misery loves company.

16 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Lol Buffalo got Joe Brady.

So when Dorsey leaves in 2023, they’ve got a new OC immediately. So that presumably puts Brady in line to be a future HC by 2024.

Everyone thought he'd be a HC by now when he came back to the NFL. We saw how his stint in Carolina went. I do think that was just a bad situation and he'll turn out fine but I think a lot of the buzz about him has gone down a bit after that.

33 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

My grandparents and dad were from Wisconsin and huge(my grandparents were at the Ice Bowl) level Packer fans.  Plus, Favre became the QB in 1992 when I was 7.  So I was locked in to Packer Fandom well before the Titans arrived in my home city of Nashville.

Is my situation acceptable to your sensibilities?

Or should I have switched?

• Like 1