BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Berlin 2021 Draft Recap
3.4 - Kadarius Toney - D+ - He flashed his rare athletic ability over a 2 week period including the Dallas game where he abused Trevon Diggs.  He also got COVID twice, missed minicamp with a shoe issue, missed most of training camp, and dealt with nagging injuries all season.  Hopefully a functional HC, better offensive system, and better culture turns him around, but 2021 was basically a lost year for Toney which is sad, because his flashes were brilliant.  Lack of maturity is scary here.

3.14 - Eric Stokes - A - He played at a DROY/Pro Bowl-level the latter half of the season when going up against #1 WRs the whole time.  Unless he has severe regression, he should be a force for our defense for a long time.

6.3 - Baron Browning - B - He started the year injured, but took over the starting role in Denver due to injury and played very well.  He needs to stay healthy and bee more consistent, but the more reps he got, the more he played up to his athletic ability.

6.6 - Michael Carter - A- - 4.4 YPC and 964 yards from scrimmage is good for a rookie playing on that awful Jets offense who also missed some time.  He should get the majority of the reps next year and is who I will rely on to take over for Aaron Jones.

6.14 - Tommy Togiai - C - He was inactive the first 10 weeks or so before getting on the field and was solid.  Should get more playing time next year.

7.3 - Cameron McGrone - D - He did nothing for the Pats last year, but I knew that would likely be the case when I took him. 

7.7 - Kenneth Gainwell - C - He had over 500 yards from scrimmage and had some nice moments, but didnt get a ton of work when Miles Sanders went down which was disappointing.

PFA - Robert Hainsey - D - I took him knowing he was probably a year out from playing.  Hopefully he takes over at C for the Bucs.

UDFA - Royce Newman - B- - He played a lot for the Packers and looked pretty good.  Hopefully he regains his starting role at RG.

UDFA - D'Ante Smith - C- - Was a 6th man for the Bengals when active, but didn't do much.

UDFA - Khyiris Tonga - B- - Got a fair amount of snaps for the Bears and played well enough that he should be in line for a larger role next year.

UDFA - Shemar Jean-Charles - D+ - Did special teams.  Might get a shot to play some slot next year as a lot of CBs are FAs in GB.

11 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

UDFA - Shemar Jean-Charles - D+ - Did special teams.  Might get a shot to play some slot next year as a lot of CBs are FAs in GB.

Loved your reviews Rags. Stokes, Browning, Carter, & Gainwell are some solid depth in the draft. I agree Stokes has significant upside this year.

Are we really giving BDL UDFAs D-? Did he have to catch 5 INTs and play like Stokes to get an A grade?