BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Fred Warner isn’t even the best defensive player on his own team!

3b7932f1049f39cc5f790a49958cceac30-meryl

Fred Warner is at best the third best player on his own team!

3b7932f1049f39cc5f790a49958cceac30-meryl

Now this is slander. I can concede Bosa although I think it's close but there's no way he's 3rd best on that defense.

30 minutes ago, MD4L said:

@wwhickok called him a run stopping LB. I’ve heard comments saying he’s barely a top ten player at his position. Those are some takes that are wild to me.

So in that sense, he’s without question an underrated player within these walls.

Top 10 at the position, absolutely. Top 10 overall in the NFL, not remotely. 

Run stopping was the wrong label, you're right, he is a tackling LB. Not a bad thing but by that I mean, he isn't gonna pressure or rush the QB, he isn't a high turnover guy, he will rarely if ever get a sack, etc. He makes his impact by making tackles beyond the line of scrimmage. 

He is a very good well rounded linebacker linebacker that I would not remotely describe describe as disruptive

Edited by wwhickok

I have Warner as fourth /fifth best lb this year, let alone top ten overall player

I'm sure you'll ask so in no particular order 

Parsons 

Campbell 

Leonard 

Then you run into the 

Demario Davis, Warner spectrum. I could easily put Warner fourth or fifth. I'm a bit of a Davis mark tho 

• Like 2

I think it's all about what you desire in a player. Defensively I want a disruptive defense. If I really gotta explain what I mean by disruptive I mean guys who can pressure the quarterback who can consistently get is consistently get in the backfield to the running back guys who are going to break down plays that the offense is trying to do. I'm sorry But to me Fred Warner has never been that guy.

Having said that if you want a defense that is sound intactling it's been tackling that it's going to keep plays in front of the front of them isn't going to consistently let guys get by them Fred Warner fits really good into that category.

Edited by wwhickok

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I think it's all about what you desire in a player. Defensively I want a disruptive defense. If I really gotta explain what I mean by disruptive I mean guys who can pressure the quarterback who can consistently get is consistently get in the backfield to the running back guys who are going to break down plays that the offense is trying to do. I'm sorry But to me Fred Warner has never been that guy.

So Micah 

• Like 1