BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Fail Season 4 GIF by The Office

You kidding?  I had MWil so invested in my teaser that he went and looked up if Gamble ever got arrested!

If you had let that marinate...jlash or md4l could have come in a crushed the delivery.

No appreciation for the art of storytelling.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

You kidding?  I had MWil so invested in my teaser that he went and looked up if Gamble ever got arrested!

If you had let that marinate...jlash or md4l could have come in a crushed the delivery.

He’s an OSU fan he didn’t look it up he just knew. And look at you wanting to rehash the tension for your own entertainment. Tsk tsk 

16 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

I’m going to try and stay optimistic since it is his first offense, and I don’t know many details yet. Hopefully he’ll get like a two game slap on the wrist and that will be the end of it. Or he’ll serve five years, I don’t know...

Worry Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

It might be his first arrest in the NFL but he's not exactly poster child for good behavior: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2789809-chasing-alvin-kamara-the-nfls-reluctant-star

Kamara and his teammates purchased BB guns at Walmart one night and fired them off randomly around campus, shooting up a pizza driver at a traffic light and a Waffle House window. They also cracked a large panel of the school's engineering building. He eventually got caught, receiving a $3,000 bill that Kamara says Tennessee paid off when he transferred.

After an officer warned Kamara not to set off any fireworks on campus on the Fourth of July, Kamara propped open the front doors to his dorm building and lit "a big-*** thing" of fireworks. The smoke filled the building, setting off fire alarms and bringing the fire department.

He was arrested a month after leaving Alabama and charged with four petty crimes, including driving with a suspended permit and not wearing a seatbelt, and it was enough for Kamara to spend the next year humbling himself.

23 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

I’m going to try and stay optimistic since it is his first offense, and I don’t know many details yet. Hopefully he’ll get like a two game slap on the wrist and that will be the end of it. Or he’ll serve five years, I don’t know...

Worry Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Assuming he didn't put the guy in a coma, they'll settle out of court, Kamara might get a couple game suspension, and that'll be it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

Way to ruin the story.

Md4l gave up a BDL 2nd round pick for Gamble only for him to retire a day or two after the trade got finalized.

Ouch, that really stinks. Should probably be a lesson for future owners to not risk trading for players that could retire.

5 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I have not 

Uh huh...

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Ouch, that really stinks. Should probably be a lesson for future owners to not risk trading for players that could retire.

At least until they get confirmation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

I mean, I'm a diehard OSU fan, so I knew about his NFL success and relatively "immediate" retirement almost 10 years ago, because I was a huge Gamble fan and apologist, but I had to double check the off the field because I knew that he had a relatively clean slate, and then I wondered if somehow I missed stuff since he retired right around the time that my dad died, and I basically discarded about anything pop culture related for a solid year until OSU won the National Title the next year.

• Like 2