BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

If Blue takes Aidan Hutchinson, I will either walk and sell my mercenary services out to the highest bidder, or intentionally sabotage every gameplan that I create and burn this thing down from the inside...or both.

I did a second round. Did you like those picks?

10 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

2nd Round

20. Cancun- Garrett Wilson WR OSU

He's in my Top 3 WR in the draft and a good fit to pair with Elijah Moore. He's got versatility on the outside and in the slot.

10 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

22. Cancun- DeMarvin Leal INT TAMU 

I think I like this pick and value in either an odd or even front

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

If Blue takes Aidan Hutchinson, I will either walk and sell my mercenary services out to the highest bidder, or intentionally sabotage every gameplan that I create and burn this thing down from the inside...or both.

I'll trade you legal advice for your services.  Off the record of course.

• Like 2

I'd like to start off by saying that before I gripe and complain, I'd like to thank you for the effort that you put into this. Doing things like this are super difficult, time consuming, and often thankless.

12 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Enjoy..

FYI, if you didn't make the list, it's because you don't currently have said Position on your roster.

Early Post Season Position Rankings

Quarterback

1. Aaron Rodgers
2.  Pat Mahomes

No argument here

Running Back

1. Nick Chubb/Ezekiel Elliot
2. Derrick Henry
3. Najee Harris/D'Andre Swift
4. Jonathan Taylor
5.  Alvin Kamara
6.  Dalvin Cook
7.  Joe Mixon
8. Aaron Jones/Rhamondre Stevens
9. Javonte Williams
10. Austin Ekeler
11.  CEH/Kareem Hunt
12. David Montgomery
13. Josh Jacobs
14. Michael Carter
15.  AJ Dillon
16. Saquon Barkley/Cam Akers

I personally don't think Mixon alone warrants being above our duo, and I may be biased, but a healthy Kareem Hunt should be higher, whoever that is at 11.

Wide Receiver

9. Cancun

No arguments with us here

Tight End

10. Cancun

No arguments here at all

Offensive Tackle

16. Cancun

I'm trying to think of a nice way of saying that this is a really bad take. We have 2 VERY good OT's with a solid #3 in depth. I guess I'm not sure what roster you're looking at here.

Offensive Guard

15. Cancun

Our OG situation isn't great, but I still feel as though dunking on Leatherwood has become a bit more popular than actually acknowledging he's got some potential and some value as a run blocker. His penalties and pass blocking are pretty bad.

Center

12. Cancun

How can we have won that trade and gotten a great up and coming center and then be ranked so low? I guess I don't understand the logic there.

Edge

5. Cancun

I think this is fair. I still maintain that Judon, Quinn, and Rousseau have a LOT of value as a trio with a Rushman package, or the ability to utilize an odd front with Rousseau and Judon as 5 Techs and Quinn as a 3-4 OLB where he excels IRL.

INT

12. Cancun

Depth is a concern as were IRL injuries. I think Ogunjobi is underrated, but I get this.

Linebacker

5. Cancun

It's nice to get some respect in this position group and see people come around by the end of the year. That unit was underrated for the first 10-12 weeks this past year.

Cornerback

8. Cancun

I still maintain that a healthy White is one of the best if not the best in the NFL, and we have a couple of other guys who are capable, but I understand if people feel differently.

Safety

12. Cancun

We have one of/if not the best Safety in the NFL to go with a fantastic trio and a fourth guy who doesn't suck. I'd personally put our safety situation up against anyone else's, and add this to the list of reasons that I personally am against drafting Kyle Hamilton, unless Blue is playing some 4D chess and plans on using some dudes to make deals (with our safety depth) in other spots...in which case I will go from being infuriated to just making fun of him and calling him a homer, while acknowledging the potential that duo could have. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue said:

I mean he has to blow out the Combine to have any shot of being higher than CB3.

I don’t think it’s inconceivable he gets more love then Stingley who’s tape is based of one season of production in 2019.

And like @Jlash said who is your CB2?

Edited by MD4L
  • Like 2

Okay @Blue @MWil23

I decided to look back and try to figure out why I ranked your OTs so low.

I figured it out. So this was a legitimate error on my part. Bakhtiari showed up in a blue line so I believe I overlooked him unintentionally. I don't believe when I did the ranking he was included. I do agree that would be, at minimum, top 7.

Edit: on the Safeties.. how in the hell I missed Kevin Byard is beyond me.... I'm gonna guess I was getting tired by the time I got to safeties. I apologize but I agree you guys should higher there also.

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 2

And @Blueconsidering I said he will Jaycee Horn the combine here’s Horn’s numbers from last year 

6’1
205 pounds
33 inch arms
4.39* 40
41 inch vertical
19 bench reps

Its actually a shame he got hurt because he was definitely on pace to be legitimately one of the best players at his position as a rookie. Cornerstone level of talent at the CB. So we actually have a similar sentiment even if it was reached with different thought processes.

Edited by MD4L
Originally wrote 4.4 40
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Okay @Blue @MWil23

I decided to look back and try to figure out why I ranked your OTs so low.

I figured it out. So this was a legitimate error on my part. Bakhtiari showed up in a blue line so I believe I overlooked him unintentionally. I don't believe when I did the ranking he was included. I do agree that would be, at minimum, top 7.

Edit: on the Safeties.. how in the hell I missed Kevin Byard is beyond me.... I'm gonna guess I was getting tired by the time I got to safeties. I apologize but I agree you guys should higher there also.

Nah man it's all good. Like I said, I applaud the effort! It's a tough job!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MD4L said:

And @Blueconsidering I said he will Jaycee Horn the combine here’s Horn’s numbers from last year 

6’1
205 pounds
33 inch arms
4.39* 40
41 inch vertical
19 bench reps

Its actually a shame he got hurt because he was definitely on pace to be legitimately one of the best players at his position as a rookie. Cornerstone level of talent at the CB. So we actually have a similar sentiment even if it was reached with different thought processes.

Like PS2 was. Hoping Denver can put together a legitimate pass rush this offseason.