BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Moore's been hamstrung by bad QB play in Carolina but he has 14 touchdowns over 4 seasons and 63 games.

Michael Thomas hasn't caught a touchdown in two years.

I've just never been a Keenan Allen fan tbh. Thought about putting him up there, but he's really just never had that breakout season other guys on that list have had.

Waddle and Lamb just aren't there yet imo. Need to see more from them.

Lamb is definitely there. You could make a case he’s Dallas WR1 over Cooper (I disagree but there’s a conversation worth having).

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

And what about people who are literally check to check? They'd be on the street.

I believe the phrase would be "They need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps".

Today's generation is so entitled it's unbelievable. I was able to purchase my first house thanks to careful planning, hard work, frugal living, having my parents gift me a condo to rent out then make a down payment and pay off my college loans and car for me, and avoiding adding 'extras' like avacado on my toast. Simple really.

/s in case it wasn't obvious.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

I believe the phrase would be "They need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps".

Today's generation is so entitled it's unbelievable. I was able to purchase my first house thanks to careful planning, hard work, frugal living, having my parents gift me a condo to rent out then make a down payment and pay off my college loans and car for me, and avoiding adding 'extras' like avacado on my toast. Simple really.

/s in case it wasn't obvious.

I don’t agree with all of this or disagree with it all either, but I can say with confidence that entitlement is not a “this generation” issue. It’s absolutely a humanity issue. Boomers are some of the most entitled people I’ve ever met.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I don’t agree with all of this or disagree with it all either, but I can say with confidence that entitlement is not a “this generation” issue. It’s absolutely a humanity issue. Boomers are some of the most entitled people I’ve ever met.

Although we usually have good conversations about disagreements, I 100% agree with your take here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

While I agree with that, on the 'generation' aspect it also comes down to parenting and often, that can fall back on your boomer comments about how they raise their kids who then have kids of their own.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

While I agree with that, on the 'generation' aspect it also comes down to parenting and often, that can fall back on your boomer comments about how they raise their kids who then have kids of their own.

No doubt! It absolutely comes down to parenting and such. I witness that firsthand as an educator every day.

• Like 1