BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

and his career lasted 3 seasons?

Jack is still playing and should be nearing the prime of his career.

lol Jack has never come close to living up to his pre-draft billing. He's been a fine linebacker but he's never even made the Pro Bowl.

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

Well Jack isn’t one of them. He would’ve garnered more value in prior years.

We just saw De’Vondre Campbell break out at age 30. Don’t miss your chance with Myles Jack!

Campbell has been pretty solid for years. Lower-end BDL starter even before I left the league.

27 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Mike Mayock had him ranked 3rd overall on his draft big board. That’s a former general managers perspective. Again #facts.

Mayock was possibly the worst GM in the NFL since Matt Millen.

23 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Shrug. He’s not the only GM to make skeptical picks early. And he identified Maxx Crosby so give credit where it’s due.

Matt Millen drafted Cliff Avril. It's hard to miss on every pick.

Also I had Crosby as a top-30 player in that class, he was a great tools prospect who I think would have gone way higher without the off-field stuff.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

Also I had Crosby as a top-30 player in that class, he was a great tools prospect who I think would have gone way higher without the off-field stuff.

And nobody picked him except Mike Mayock in round 4.

I thought it was well known Mayock wasn’t making those first round picks. It was Gruden.

If we’re gonna scold and make fun of the guy, do not abstain his credit for the positive things and dump the blame for what went wrong.

13 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I think the winning strategy when trying to trade someone with less than ideal value is less lengthy discussion and more consistency in posting that he's available. WW always works out deals like this. 1 post. Everyday. Myles Jack available for a late pick. Eventually it gets seared into brains. 

One day, someone goes....."shoot I need a LB. OH, I can get Jack for a late pick."

It’s not my favorite thing to do and there’s a backup plan if we can’t get this done. It’s off-season, create some discussion, light up the thread a little bit and market talent.

No regerts as I’ve seen in a commercial previously.

Edited by MD4L
Grammar
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jlash said:

WW always works out deals like this. 1 post. Everyday. Myles Jack available for a late pick. Eventually it gets seared into brains. 

One day, someone goes....."shoot I need a LB. OH, I can get Jack for a late pick."

J.J. Watt, hall of fame Edge Rusher available for later round pick

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Berlin Trade Block

Aaron Rodgers
Allen Robinson
OBJ
Hunter Henry
Corey Linsley
Za'Darius Smith
Tremaine Edmunds
Akhello Witherspoon
Byron Murphy

Looking for 2022 and/or 2023 picks

Depending upon where Allen Robinson lands IRL…