BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

9 hours ago, Blue said:

This presupposes that EA gives a **** about putting out a decent game

same, it was so much fun

I wish my 360 hadn't bricked, at least I could throw on my old game and play it.

I'll say this for EA:

At least they made a lot of concerted efforts in the NCAA game to improve play. The blocking engine, read option, expanded playbook, up tempo aspects, allowing you to manually change conferences for teams in the off-season, etc. were all areas that improved regular play and dynasty modes.

Meanwhile, Madden has effectively run it back on the same engine for 17+ years now (not an exaggeration) to continue to just care about making a ton of money at the expense of a broken play system.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'll say this for EA:

At least they made a lot of concerted efforts in the NCAA game to improve play. The blocking engine, read option, expanded playbook, up tempo aspects, allowing you to manually change conferences for teams in the off-season, etc. were all areas that improved regular play and dynasty modes.

Meanwhile, Madden has effectively run it back on the same engine for 17+ years now (not an exaggeration) to continue to just care about making a ton of money at the expense of a broken play system.

It was always cool to grind in Dynasty with a bum school and work your way up and get invited to a big conference. 

• Like 4

Just now, Jlash said:

It was always cool to grind in Dynasty with a bum school and work your way up and get invited to a big conference. 

Long story/short:

In college, we had a dynasty with rules/bylaws. We had to play each user once (alternating home and away games for home field advantage), we had to start at a 2 star non Power 5 school, and the loser had to buy the winner a Subway sandwich at the end of the season. It was GLORIOUS.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blue said:

This presupposes that EA gives a **** about putting out a decent game

same, it was so much fun

I wish my 360 hadn't bricked, at least I could throw on my old game and play it.

I've been begging my brother in law to bring over his old 360 so I can play again. Mine stopped reading discs over the summer and I've been needing my fix ever since.

9 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

That game goes for a grip now 

The older games go for reasonable prices though. I love 14 too much to sell it but I've bought some older ones to play too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Long story/short:

In college, we had a dynasty with rules/bylaws. We had to play each user once (alternating home and away games for home field advantage), we had to start at a 2 star non Power 5 school, and the loser had to buy the winner a Subway sandwich at the end of the season. It was GLORIOUS.

What was your go to school?

6 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I've been begging my brother in law to bring over his old 360 so I can play again. Mine stopped reading discs over the summer and I've been needing my fix ever since.

The older games go for reasonable prices though. I love 14 too much to sell it but I've bought some older ones to play too.

Yeah I still had ncaa 10 so bought madden 10 two years ago. Not sure what happened to my 14 many years ago

55 minutes ago, Jlash said:

What was your go to school?

My brother always picked Eastern Carolina because of Chris Johnson, but my team was always La Tech. They had a great passing game, a dual threat QB, and a tough enough SOS as to where I'd get Boise State (we had to play on Heisman mode) and Fresno State, so as long as I won those games and my user games, I'd end up with a great offer.

Year 2 I jumped ship with a Notre Dame offer and built a nice dynasty there.

• Like 2