BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Just now, MD4L said:

I am a little sad Aaron Rodgers contract isn’t expired in BDL.

The Packers 2020 draft remains confusing to me, at least the first two rounds. Draft an heir apparent at QB and RB and then re-sign your current guys at those positions to big deals. Bad allocation of resources, especially Love in the first. Dillon at least is good and can tandem with Jones but still not a great pick imo. Packers fans may disagree though, not sure.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

The Packers 2020 draft remains confusing to me, at least the first two rounds. Draft an heir apparent at QB and RB and then re-sign your current guys at those positions to big deals. Bad allocation of resources, especially Love in the first. Dillon at least is good and can tandem with Jones but still not a great pick imo. Packers fans may disagree though, not sure.

I wanted Aiyuk or Tee Higgins that year in the first.  Hated the Love pick then and still hate it.

Dillon made some sense as we couldn't re-sign both our RBs.  He's turned out to be a great pick.  The Deguara pick was bad though.

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

I don't understand this take at all, Burks plays nothing like a TE. Also he had 1100 yards and 11 TDs this past season so I don't get calling him unproductive

Productive in terms of their future NFL stats.

I made the meme with respect to my team having picked up a middle round receiver that winds up being productive - McLaurin, Claypool were in that mold, and St. Brown seems to be on track as well.

I'm just not sure that Burks will translate to the NFL, but I'm also pointing out that there's plenty of depth in this class as well. If some team feels like they are more confident in Burks' transition to the NFL, by all means go ahead with that selection. I just think there's less risk with certain prospects, and I'd rather 'whiff' on a 3rd or 4th round WR than blowing it in the first. This isn't Jamarr Chase we are talking about here, this is Trey Burks, and if he had tested like a freak then I'd say so, but when he tested how he did, it validated some of the concerns I saw on tape.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

this is Trey Burks, and if he had tested like a freak then I'd say so, but when he tested how he did, it validated some of the concerns I saw on tape.

Which isn't unfounded. T.O. was a 3rd Rounder, A.J. Brown was a 2nd rounder, and Metcalf is more physically talented from a testing standpoint.

I like the talent pool at the WR position in this draft, but it also depends upon what your team and needs are IRL. If you NEED a big bodied Red Zone threat and pure outside guy, Burks is probably the best at that, so if you're a team like the Rams (assuming they had a first rounder), that would be ideal. He's worth probably 8+ Red Zone TD a year while it gives you creativity to use Kupp, and with his size, he's your "Robert Woods insert blocking" guy.

From a scheme standpoint, he'd do well with the Chargers if/when they lose Mike Williams too.

He has value in the right system with the right pieces around him.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Productive in terms of their future NFL stats.

I made the meme with respect to my team having picked up a middle round receiver that winds up being productive - McLaurin, Claypool were in that mold, and St. Brown seems to be on track as well.

I'm just not sure that Burks will translate to the NFL, but I'm also pointing out that there's plenty of depth in this class as well. If some team feels like they are more confident in Burks' transition to the NFL, by all means go ahead with that selection. I just think there's less risk with certain prospects, and I'd rather 'whiff' on a 3rd or 4th round WR than blowing it in the first. This isn't Jamarr Chase we are talking about here, this is Trey Burks, and if he had tested like a freak then I'd say so, but when he tested how he did, it validated some of the concerns I saw on tape.

I actually thought about bringing up Claypool when I saw that post since I remember so much discourse about how he should be a TE until he blew up the combine. I didn't bring it up because I thought it was silly even then even though I wasn't a huge fan of Claypool. Not sure McLaurin or St. Brown were really seen as TE types, just slower guys.

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I actually thought about bringing up Claypool when I saw that post since I remember so much discourse about how he should be a TE until he blew up the combine. I didn't bring it up because I thought it was silly even then even though I wasn't a huge fan of Claypool. Not sure McLaurin or St. Brown were really seen as TE types, just slower guys.

McLaurin ran a 4.35 what you talking about 

7 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

McLaurin ran a 4.35 what you talking about 

Misremembered that one. And I also misread Ruskie's original point entirely. I thought he was saying that he took guys who people said should switch to TE when he was just saying he's done good with mid-round receivers. So just ignore most of that post entirely.

• Like 2