BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Let us all remember this day as the day blue was wrong on a matter of basic reading comprehension.

To be fair, I do think it's worded in the way Blue is interpreting it. And then like counselor said, the example is really where we're getting our interpretation from.

• Like 1

Just now, rackcs said:

To be fair, I do think it's worded in the way Blue is interpreting it. And then like counselor said, the example is really where we're getting our interpretation from.

Sssshhhhhh

I'm a contract lawyer.  I know when things are ambiguously worded.  That said, the 'other than the original pick' part clarifies the rule.

I honestly need to dig into the bylaws and rewrite them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If my mans gotta pull out “I’m a lawyer” when discussing rules for a fake football league, maybe there are too many rules 🤷

Go read the rules for an espn league with scoring and everything.  They have just as many.

Only difference is we write them.

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Sssshhhhhh

I'm a contract lawyer.  I know when things are ambiguously worded.  That said, the 'other than the original pick' part clarifies the rule.

I honestly need to dig into the bylaws and rewrite them.

I mean, it doesn't say "'only' picks other than the original pick," it just says other than the original pick. Which could imply that when you have other picks as well as your original picks, the highest picks come first.

But yes, I've thought for a while that the rules should get cleaned up a little bit

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I mean, it doesn't say "'only' picks other than the original pick," it just says other than the original pick. Which could imply that when you have other picks as well as your original picks, the highest picks come first.

But yes, I've thought for a while that the rules should get cleaned up a little bit

You could say all of this...

Or we can make fun of Mr. 'Mocking someone's failure at basic reading comprehension is one of his favorite insults'.

44 minutes ago, Blue said:

Most of these questions are answered in OP Google Doc iirc. If not, Doc should be updated to clarify.

1. As I understand it, you always give up your highest pick in a round. If you don't have a pick in that round, you give up your next-highest pick overall (so if you don't have a 3rd round pick for Miles Sanders but have 2.4 and 2.6, you would give up 2.6).

2. Your picks would be distributed in the order that the bids came in.

I think the combination of those two answers would answer your third question.

In terms of highest pick, your original pick is first to go.

46 minutes ago, rackcs said:

27 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

You could say all of this...

Or we can make fun of Mr. 'Mocking someone's failure at basic reading comprehension is one of his favorite insults'.

For a lawyer, you sure are bad at wording things the way you mean them.

The way it's worded, I'm right and you're wrong.