BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

26 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

@RTTRUTH

So what you asked about is 100% extension. You can do that and then it becomes 100% of his spotrac avg for however many years left on the contract. You can literally wait until the end of the season to do this however.

You can only 3 Up an Unrestricted FA now in BDL. We changed that a couple of year ago. So if they are on a contract now they can't be 3 Upped. Any 3 Ups for this year have to be used before BDL FA starts in June.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

1) Yes you're correct. Can't trade a signed player, UFA, RFA, ERFA in the same year said player was signed. But in 2023 you'd be able to trade them.

2) you can extend said player at 100% of their contract. So if his rl avg salary is 5k and you extended them to a 3 year contract, your new cost of said player would be 5k per year.

34 minutes ago, Jlash said:

1. Yes, like WW said anyone who is "locked" meaning you've signed them in one fashion or another (3 up, 100% extension, current draft etc) this season cannot be moved. If you were able to trade for someone, it means they were unlocked to begin with. Once the season ends, everyone on your roster from the previous season becomes unlocked and can be moved.

2. Yea again WW covered it, 100% extensions do not count against 3 ups, but they WILL lock that player on your roster for the remainder of the current season.

Before you go launching extensions at folks, look and see how many are going to be RFA's the next year because that buys you an extra year potentially.

34 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Yes. You’ve got it 100%. Anyone signed to a deal is immediately locked for the season and then eligible to be moved (traded, cut).

Yes, but @SirA1 can cover anything I do not on this. You would be able to 3 UP him which is 75% of his real life deal. It can only be the years his RL contract is.

Thanks all! I’m now finally diving in real deep, trying to do my franchise justice. Looking from different perspectives.

I was too busy scouting players before to give 100% to my roster building options, dealing with dynasty trades, etc.

This league structure is different from anything else I’m doing. Not like RL / off-season mock strategy or scoring. Not really similar to fantasy football either. Like, even a little. 

So I’m still learning easily. 

• Like 4

On 3/26/2022 at 2:51 PM, RTTRUTH said:

The following players are potentially available via trade:

LT Terron Armstead (3U&O)

LT Cam Robinson (3U&O)

TE Mike Gesicki (3U&O)

Edge Randy Gregory (3U&O)

LB Foyesade Oluokun (3U&O)

LB Demario Davis (3U&O)

S Jamal Adams (3U&O)

** Could move multiple combined 

RB Tevin Coleman ($750/1Yr)

RB Chris Carson ($4,751/1Yr)

LT Taylor Decker ($5,175/3Yrs) 

DE/DT Dre'Mont Jones ($1,325/1Yr) (I'm probably asking too much on Jones)

DT Bravvion Roy ($500/1Yr)

Will Ferrell Kiss GIF

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If anyone from the back of round 1/early round 2 want to discuss a trade up to 11 contingent on the board pre-draft, hit me up 

Who do you want to be there at 11? Save everyone the time.

3 minutes ago, RedGold said:

i want to hear more heidi montag GIF by The Hills

She said a couple days ago she wanted me to make pizza for her bday. We're a big time pepperoni family. Kids love it too. So I made the dough around 2 today, which is enough for 2 pizzas. I usually get these small peps called "cup n crisp" and let them curl while I make the pizza a little well done.

This time we wanted to have a head to head test. Got the small peps, then got some thick cut bois. Both pizzas made well done, and I grate some fresh parmesan over the top right before it goes into the oven. 1 had the little peps, 1 had the thick bois. Thick bois definitely won.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

She said a couple days ago she wanted me to make pizza for her bday. We're a big time pepperoni family. Kids love it too. So I made the dough around 2 today, which is enough for 2 pizzas. I usually get these small peps called "cup n crisp" and let them curl while I make the pizza a little well done.

This time we wanted to have a head to head test. Got the small peps, then got some thick cut bois. Both pizzas made well done, and I grate some fresh parmesan over the top right before it goes into the oven. 1 had the little peps, 1 had the thick bois. Thick bois definitely won.

Draft party at Jlash’s! 
homer drool GIF

• Like 1