BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

First of all props on the effort @RedGold, I know how tiring it can be mocking that many picks. How did you feel mocking to yourself that many times? Drives me nuts lol

2.1 - Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State - Cross isn't my favorite prospect but yeah, I'd probably take him if he fell to 2.1. I think he's going to be at worst a solid player at the next level.
3.1 - Trey McBride, TE, Colorado State - I don't know if there's any TE worth taking at 3.1 this year but if there's any it's probably McBride. And he did test well at his pro day so this is definitely a strong possibility.
3.6 - John Metchie, WR, Alabama - Metchie is...fine. But I wouldn't take him anywhere near this high. WR is definitely a big target here though, I'd probably go Pickens.
4.6 - Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State - I'm not opposed to doubling up on WR here but I'm probably more likely to double up on a tackle at this spot. Watson is the kind of high upside guy I like though so good pick.
6.7 - David Bell, WR, Purdue - A third WR? I've got Pittman and Johnson already. And after Bell's testing, I'm not sure he's BDL draftable beyond maybe the 7th (definitely a PFA level guy though)
7.1 - Jeremy Ruckert, TE, Ohio State - Again, I'm not opposed to the player but taking five skill position players and only one offensive lineman by this point in the draft would be pretty worst case scenario for me.
7.11 - Max Mitchell, OT, Louisiana - Would love this pick here, nailed it.
PFA 1.6 - Luke Fortner, C, Kentucky - Haven't gotten around to watching Fortner yet but center is definitely a position I have a huge need at. Went the PFA route last year though with this position so might try a higher investment this time around.
PFA 2.11 - Braxton Jones, OT, Southern Utah - Big Jones fan and would give me more potential shots at the OT position, I like it.

• Like 4

@RedGold Thanks for the effort.

I honestly put the first name on my BB this past week and that was definitely for PFA/Shark Tank purposes.

If I have any picks this year it will likely be whatever Bulldogs are left.

EDIT: My guy is not in your draft so I think he will be safe.

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 3

Just now, SirA1 said:

@RedGold Thanks for the effort.

I honestly put the first name on my BB this past week and that was definitely for PFA/Shark Tank purposes.

If I have any picks this year it will likely be whatever Bulldogs are left.

I'm going to start building my BB this weekend. Or tonight. I get slightly distracted with my dynasty leagues that I've been in longer. But this draft is coming first. And despite only having two 5ths and a 6th a trade-up isn't out of the realm of possibility.

And I have to remind myself that a 5th here (especially if I trust my scouting) is damn near a 2nd round pick IRL.

P.s. I genuinely don't understand you types that go into any draft with less than 4 picks. Especially if all you have is late picks. That S#!+ would keep me up at night. Kind of is. Got nothing before 74 myself. I hate it.

You guys are talking about shiny objects and I'm like "guess I'll buy the faded piece of copper"

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, rackcs said:

First of all props on the effort @RedGold, I know how tiring it can be mocking that many picks. How did you feel mocking to yourself that many times? Drives me nuts lol

I'm slightly more prepared for it,   since I know the plan for my roster lmao.    In all though,  I did the least amount of thinking on my picks.    I will saying getting 4/6 of the Georgia front 7 was not planned.    It really only took me about an hour after looking through the rosters.   If anything it helped me organize my BB a little more.  

As far as your picks, looking back I probably went too O heavy,   but my notes for your roster were not to go Defense unless it was by far the BPA.    WR picks,  were more just to keep the stock piled from T. Lawrence.  

10 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

P.s. I genuinely don't understand you types that go into any draft with less than 4 picks. Especially if all you have is late picks. That S#!+ would keep me up at night. Kind of is. Got nothing before 74 myself. I hate it.

You guys are talking about shiny objects and I'm like "guess I'll buy the faded piece of copper"

Everyone gets 2 PFA picks that we can't trade until the draft starts. That draft is held the week after the RL draft so you can grab players that went to your favorite teams or were drafted higher than expected.

The draft to me is not where I build my team. Never has been. I've had 3 1st round BDL picks in 10 years. Other than Aaron Donald, I only have 3 players from my 2017 draft left on the team before anyone taken since 2020. If a guy doesn't hit in year 1-2 they llikely won't until year 4-5 and by that time you can get them in FA.

But I understand that others enjoy the draft more than anything else in the league.

• Like 2

Just now, SirA1 said:

Everyone gets 2 PFA picks that we can't trade until the draft starts. That draft is held the week after the RL draft so you can grab players that went to your favorite teams or were drafted higher than expected.

The draft to me is not where I build my team. Never has been. I've had 3 1st round BDL picks in 10 years. Other than Aaron Donald, I only have 3 players from my 2017 draft left on the team before anyone taken since 2020. If a guy doesn't hit in year 1-2 they llikely won't until year 4-5 and by that time you can get them in FA.

But I understand that others enjoy the draft more than anything else in the league.

And tbh,  for this league.    Trading your picks for proven talent is probably the best way to go.    Drafting above average/average players doesn't do much for you.

"Looks in mirror"

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, RedGold said:

I'm slightly more prepared for it,   since I know the plan for my roster lmao.    In all though,  I did the least amount of thinking on my picks.    I will saying getting 4/6 of the Georgia front 7 was not planned.    It really only took me about an hour after looking through the rosters.   If anything it helped me organize my BB a little more.  

As far as your picks, looking back I probably went too O heavy,   but my notes for your roster were not to go Defense unless it was by far the BPA.    WR picks,  were more just to keep the stock piled from T. Lawrence.  

Offense is where I will look to mostly but just beefing up the OL is more of a priority for me. I'm fine double dipping at WR and might in that scenario even but three and two tight ends was just a little too overkill for me.

And totally agree on helping organize my boards. That's one of the reasons I do the BDL mocks to help me calibrate where I've got guys ranked. I might think in my head, this guy is a 2nd rounder irl but then I'm mocking it out and see oh, actually he's more of a 3rd round guy maybe.

• Like 1

1.2 Hutchinson- I’m taking KT there

1.6 Hamilton- Absolutely
1.7 Ikem- Absolutely
1.9 London- I need to stop telling you who I am going to take in private
3.11- Tyler Smith won’t be there but sure
5.3 - Super RAS Bad Tape so why not
7.2- Hopefully I don’t own this pick

• Like 1