BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

12 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Also from Hartline who isn’t as bitter as Mwil

Jameson, it’s well documented, he’s very explosive, can play at a high rate of speed the further he gets down the field. What I loved about Jamo is he always had so much energy; he was always available on the field, never really dinged up and always was a guy who brought juice in practice. Whether the ball was coming his way or not, he was one of those guys you wanted to have out there with you. … He became a great route runner. We spent so much time working on his route craft, and he believed in it so much, he was getting really good at it. So he’s not just a speed guy; he’s a route runner, too.”

Almost every "expert" draft scout I've seen on him says the same that I've said:

1. Slight frame

2. Overt disinterest in blocking

3. Body catching

4. He breaks off routes and needs to work on more polish

As for what Hartline said, he's absolutely taking the high road here. They spent so much time working on it because it was a major struggle of his grasping the complex route tree that, quite frankly, wasn't utilized in Alabama's system that schemed him open in space, and he was behind 3 other guys on the roster in that department.

Who knows? Perhaps the other 3 dudes at OSU are just that good and he's a victim of circumstance(s) and opportunities like Barry Sanders was behind Thurman Thomas up until his last year at Ok State...or perhaps he was buried behind those guys for a reason...and perhaps he will still overcome those concerns.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Aside from the fact that:

A. Stats are kinda worthless otherwise the late great Colt Brennan would be the GOAT prospect

AND

B. You want to say "more receptions" while refusing to acknowledge the extra 4 games (SEC Title, NC Game) giving him 15 games to Olave's 11 is cute.

C. You didn't specify last season, you said "has". That's ambiguous at best.

I guess we could talk about who had more career productivity since stats apparently matter so much. :) 

The catches is just showing he has more chances to drop passes last season my friend. I’m not talking about production. 

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Almost every "expert" draft scout I've seen on him says the same that I've said:

1. Slight frame

2. Overt disinterest in blocking

3. Body catching

4. He breaks off routes and needs to work on more polish

As for what Hartline said, he's absolutely taking the high road here. They spent so much time working on it because it was a major struggle of his grasping the complex route tree that, quite frankly, wasn't utilized in Alabama's system that schemed him open in space, and he was behind 3 other guys on the roster in that department.

Who knows? Perhaps the other 3 dudes at OSU are just that good and he's a victim of circumstance(s) and opportunities like Barry Sanders was behind Thurman Thomas up until his last year at Ok State...or perhaps he was buried behind those guys for a reason...and perhaps he will still overcome those concerns.

He didn’t have to mention his route running at all. He chose to though. He isn’t bitter like you. Jameson will just show you my friend. Prepare your crow. 

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

The catches is just showing he has more chances to drop passes last season my friend. I’m not talking about production. 

...but you used DROP RATE %, not drops, so that doesn't really make much sense.

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

He didn’t have to mention his route running at all. He chose to though. He isn’t bitter like you. Jameson will just show you my friend. Prepare your crow. 

I'm not bitter; I have legitimate concerns that other scouts tend to share as well. Jameson might overcome those clear weaknesses in his game and ball out. Destination will absolutely play a factor for him. I think you got good value there for him; I just don't have him in my Top 3 at that position, but I think that this is overall a very solid class.

• Like 1

Oh and for the record, I've advocated for drafting guys that I have/have had major concerns with based upon the overall value of the board and players available. One of those guys was Leatherwood last year, and if Williams had happened to fall to us in the 3rd, I'd have been the first to pull the trigger on him based upon his ceiling and overall talent value. I don't fault you for drafting him in the 2nd Round; he's just not a guy that I generally like as much as others really seem to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

A buncha nerds trying to number their way into Jamison being bad........

Not liking a guy as a Top 20 prospect is not the same as saying he's bad, and neither is it wrong to point out why I don't think he's a Top 20 guy. Too many "little things" that have amounted to some sizeable questions about him as a "definitively high floor" guy, which he's not IMO. I don't have him as "boom or bust", but I don't have him in the Hutchinson "high floor" territory either.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Not liking a guy as a Top 20 prospect is not the same as saying he's bad, and neither is it wrong to point out why I don't think he's a Top 20 guy. Too many "little things" that have amounted to some sizeable questions about him as a "definitively high floor" guy, which he's not IMO. I don't have him as "boom or bust", but I don't have him in the Hutchinson "high floor" territory either.

Homer Simpson Cartoon GIF

• Like 2

2022 Cuba Draft Class

2.1: Charles Cross, T, Mississippi
4.8: Jelani Woods, TE, Virginia
5.14: Alec Lindstrom, C, Boston College
6.12: Alontae Taylor, CB, Tennessee
7.1: Cole Strange, G, Chattanooga
7.6: Coby Bryant, CB, Cincinnati
7.8: Channing Tindall, LB, Georgia

@rackcs

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Raleigh Draft Class

1.11- Jermaine Johnson EDGE FSU

3.12- Quay Walker LB Georgia

5.4- Cameron Thomas EDGE San Diego State

6.6- David Bell WR Purdue

7.13- Justyn Ross WR Clemson

@rackcs

Think Thomas is a steal at 5.4. Love Quay and JJ. Bell and Ross could surprise also. Nice class

8 minutes ago, MD4L said:

2022 Cuba Draft Class

2.1: Charles Cross, T, Mississippi
4.8: Jelani Woods, TE, Virginia
5.14: Alec Lindstrom, C, Boston College
6.12: Alontae Taylor, CB, Tennessee
7.1: Cole Strange, G, Chattanooga
7.6: Coby Bryant, CB, Cincinnati
7.8: Channing Tindall, LB, Georgia

@rackcs

A lot of athletic talent here. Could see some good contribution from those late picks.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

1.5  S Kyle Hamilton

1.14  Edge George Karlaftis

4.4  DL Logan Hall

4.5  OT Bernhard Raimann

5.15 C Cam Jurgens

6.5 OT Nicholas Petit-Frere

6.4  TE Cade Otton

7.13  CB Jalyn Armour Davis

@rackcs

A lot of high upside. Potential to get a lot of early starters and contributors from this class