BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

32. Malik Willis, QB, Liberty - Finally, Malik Willis. Truly shocked (and as a Steelers fan, disappointed) that he's still on the board. This one is the only one that genuinely surprised me that he didn't go in the first. I thought Willis was good value at 32 but he's going to end up a -. I would think he'd go soon, maybe even with a team trading up for him, but not as sure as I probably would've been 24 hours ago.

Best Fits - Seattle Seahawks, Indianapolis Colts

I think the Giants and Falcons would be better fits.

21 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I think the Giants and Falcons would be better fits.

I don't really see the Giants going QB but I could be wrong. Falcons I could definitely see but they've got maybe the worst roster in the NFL so I wouldn't be shocked to see them just wait till next year.

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

I don't really see the Giants going QB but I could be wrong. Falcons I could definitely see but they've got maybe the worst roster in the NFL so I wouldn't be shocked to see them just wait till next year.

Giants aren't picking up Jones' 5th year option, so I could see it.

If the Giants take Willis and Falcons take Corral, ill be happy.

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Giants aren't picking up Jones' 5th year option, so I could see it.

If the Giants take Willis and Falcons take Corral, ill be happy.

I've heard stuff about the Seahawks loving Corral so that wouldn't surprise me at all to see him go there with one of their seconds.

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

I've heard stuff about the Seahawks loving Corral so that wouldn't surprise me at all to see him go there with one of their seconds.

That roster scares me.  I trust Daboll and Arthur Smith to develop a QB, so thats my hope.

KT to the NYG is best case scenario on that DL.

Zion to the Chargers makes me happy.

Olave to the Saints reinforces the value and I like the fit. I’d have liked it more if Sean was still their HC, but who knows, maybe another Buckeye helps motivate Thomas. Man the Saints love their Buckeyes the last 6-10 years. Thomas, Olave, Lattimore, Vonn Bell, Werner…even the last 20 years they got the late great Will Smith, Malcolm Jenkins, and some mid round dudes like Antonio Pittman.

So just looking over my +/- board, Cole Strange will almost certainly be the biggest + player in the draft. The following list are the guys who could tie or beat his score, plus the pick they'd need to be taken at or before in order to do so:

Joshua Williams - 33
Coby Bryant - 34
Isaiah Spiller - 35
Channing Tindall - 36
Calvin Austin III - 37
Sam Howell - 38
Jeremy Ruckert - 39
Brian Robinson Jr. - 40
Jalyn Armour-Davis - 41
Justyn Ross - 42
DeAngelo Malone - 43
Isaiah Likely - 44

I have a hard time seeing any of those happening. If 1-2 other QBs had gone in the first I'd say Howell had a decent chance but with almost all of the QBs available, I think it's less likely. I think he maybe has the best chance though. Beyond that, maybe some team is super high on DeAngelo Malone? That's the only other one that I think wouldn't completely shock me.

• Like 3

And to put it into further context, Cole Strange is a +68. Last year's highest + was a tie between Alex Leatherwood and D'Wayne Eskridge at +56. The year before that was Jordyn Brooks at +60. So this is the record for as long as I've been doing +/-.

• Like 2